Desperation mode....Denali center console impossible to find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, new guy here! I've already learned a lot by just reading, so thank you all for the contributions. However, I've run into a problem that is testing my Google-fu and it's driving me insane. Hoping y'all can help.

I just purchased an 03 Denali. Extremely satisfied! I got it for a killer deal (I think). It's in great shape, but it does need a few miscellaneous parts. One of these is the entire front cupholder/organizer and trim around it is missing. I've searched the local yards and came up empty, and I legitimately can't find one online for less than $150, I want it, but not $150 want it lol. This is just a backup vehicle so I'm not looking to make it mint. Honestly, I'd be fine with a non Denali cupholder, and I've read where the 07+ will accept the SLT version. Are these bodystyles the same, or will only a Denali one fit? If they will accept other trim styles, I can get one easy, but if it's Denali specific it's proving to be a chore. TIA!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s Denali specific. The Locations of the clips on the underside of the bezel that the cupholder tray is attached to, and where it matches up to the console, are different from a non denali Yukon to Denali Yukon. So in order to make a non Denali cupholder bezel fit into your Denali you will need to swap the entire console out. Keep your eyes peeled in the junkyards. One will come up and the whole assembly will be dirt cheap. I’ve pulled two so far from my local yards and they were like 25 bucks a piece I think. Keep looking!

OP
OP
D

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It’s Denali specific. The Locations of the clips on the underside of the bezel that the cupholder tray is attached to, and where it matches up to the console, are different from a non denali Yukon to Denali Yukon. So in order to make a non Denali cupholder bezel fit into your Denali you will need to swap the entire console out. Keep your eyes peeled in the junkyards. One will come up and the whole assembly will be dirt cheap. I’ve pulled two so far from my local yards and they were like 25 bucks a piece I think. Keep looking!

Thanks for the clarification! At least now I can stop racking by brain trying to figure that part out lol. Yeah the plan is to just keep going back to the yard until one pops up, it's only a matter of time I hope! Thanks again.

OP
OP
D

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys, really appreciate it! A yard about an hour from me says they have one in inventory so I'm just waiting on confirmation on that, it even matches my trim color so fingers crossed!

Thank you Doug for finding that one and posting the link. If the one I think I found doesn't work out I'll probably scoop that one up.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

As you can see, the folks here are very responsive and helpful.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

alex s

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification! At least now I can stop racking by brain trying to figure that part out lol. Yeah the plan is to just keep going back to the yard until one pops up, it's only a matter of time I hope! Thanks again.

I would like to add, I know around here (I imagine everywhere else too) when any of these SUV's come into a junkyard, they are picked apart very fast. That is especially true if they have a halfway decent interior. Some of the LKQ's post on their website what is coming out to the yard the night before it does. Be there as soon as they open and that would be your best bet on finding something. Oh and Welcome to the forum!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon, yes, pics please.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car-part.com is great if you aren’t aware.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick