Depreciation!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe how bad these trucks depreciate! I owned a few preowned Escaldes and even a Denali so I am well aware of how they drop! BUT I purchased a 2017 Luxury last December and have been watching the market and am SHOCKED by how bad this body style is retaining its value! I am truly blown away!

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it new I had a better deal new than used I look all around 34,000 miles on 2017 Tahoe for $39,000 dollar. Wow that’s expensive couldn’t find anything better some had 40,000 miles on them and 40,000 thousand dollars used and expensive. These model are mostly base model cloth seat . At least a found 2018 new one with leather so far for 46,000 thousand dollars .Sometime a used deal not worth it if your saving five thousand from used to new. And it has @al ost 40,000 miles o it

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep....that's the biggest downside of buying a brand new vehicle :shrug: just part of the deal regardless of make or model (with a few exceptions of course!)

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last one I bought was an 07 2LT Tahoe brand new. Drove it off the lot for 38ish. Leased a bunch of traverses after that, so never paid attention. Started looking early this year. Was blown away by the 60ish tag for a comparable 2LT now days.
Personally, I didn’t mind the depreciation at all. Picked up a 16(initially bought in early 17), with 22k miles and bumper to bumper warranty until Feb of 2020 for low 30s.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used car prices are actually going up a bit and/or holding much more than usual, according to financial analysts. This was reported from August to September so just a short time period for what it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used car prices are actually going up a bit and/or holding much more than usual, according to financial analysts. This was reported from August to September so just a short time period for what it’s worth.

I'm gonna assume that may be due to many more considering buying used vehicles these days with new car prices going up as high as they are. :shrug: just a guess, tho

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna assume that may be due to many more considering buying used vehicles these days with new car prices going up as high as they are. :shrug: just a guess, tho

That’s exactly right! They mention sticker shock for new vehicles as the main reason.