Denali on some new shoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The intake looks good. It is very similar to the kit I have on my truck. They are great and much cheaper then K&N or any of those.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Have you made any progress on fiber glassing the speaker pods?

Thanks dude. Yea, just paying for the name on a K&N kit. This kit was nice. Everything fit perfect and lined up and works awesome.

And on the speaker pods, I haven't started that project yet. Soon though.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

So I got a jump start tonight on my next project on the truck which would be the air helper bags. I did the hose plumbing and mounted my fittings. Here's a few pics of the progress I made tonight.

3dbae910.jpg
31743806.jpg
6db0ef59.jpg
d7ca0245.jpg

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my air helper bags in today. What a pain in the ass that was haha I dropped the rear end and pulled out the springs since I also needed to put in my new bumpstops in the rear also. It's deff much much easier to put the bags in with the springs out of the truck. And on the bumpstops, they're 3/4" stops. I had to drill new holes and make threads but worked out good.

Here's some pictures from todays projects

59b4c140.jpg
5c569850.jpg
a73c72bb.jpg
9bd750d7.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Almost forgot to add that those air helper bags sure do make it a lot nicer in the rear. I had like a chattering sound coming from the rear and now with the bags the chattering sound is gone and feels 10 times smoother in the rear. I have 10psi in them right now and it feels good. All I can say is I dont know how I went a year lowered without the helper bags. They make things that much smoother. I would say deff a must have item especially for only $88.

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]Almost forgot to add that those air helper bags sure do make it a lot nicer in the rear. I had like a chattering sound coming from the rear and now with the bags the chattering sound is gone and feels 10 times smoother in the rear. I have 10psi in them right now and it feels good. All I can say is I dont know how I went a year lowered without the helper bags. They make things that much smoother. I would say eff a must have item especially for only $88.

I'll second that statement. My 04 was very bouncy in the rear until I added the helper bags. I'm only running 5 psi in mine and it made a huge difference. I got a set for my 07 to put in as soon as a put the lowering springs in. I didn't want to have to go back in later.

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there was a couple guys asking about my speaker pods I mentioned about building... I started a new thread over in audio and electronics.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
Does the tires rub at all? Im gonna switch to 26's soon but didnt want a 295/25/26 tire on these NY streets.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I just had my front end aligned at that place. They were the only ones I could find to do 26's :pshyco:

OP
OP
Knobz

Knobz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the tires rub at all? Im gonna switch to 26's soon but didnt want a 295/25/26 tire on these NY streets.

They don't rub bad at all. I can bust a full u-turn with minimal rubbing if any and I'm running a 255/30/26 which is slightly bigger but perfect. And I'm running a 3/6 drop.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Sweet! I just had my front end aligned at that place. They were the only ones I could find to do 26's :pshyco:

Yea same here. I'm over in Santa Cruz and no tire shops over here would touch anything over 22's so I had to go to Cali wheels for the 26's.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you running individual lines to each bag? I would have just teed both bags off to a single line and put it buy your plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts