Denali guys: Ordered new Bilstein rear shocks/air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Hmm...hadn't thought about corrosion being an issue with the compressor. I am likely moving to a coastal town that sees a lot of rain. I hope to replace my dead compressor before the move (it's to an island, where everything is more expensive), but now I'm thinking I might be better off with the whole autoride deletion. :??? Stupid decisions....I hate them....lol

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
I am dead hungover, blacked out last night, so install is going to be later this week. Hopefully doing it at my old shop on a lift.

I am going to fabricate up a better kindof box/shroud for the compressor to be in so it is less exposed to the elements on the road

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
Good gosh, lol, relax.

I am sorry I have a career and dont work some slap headed kid job where I have all the time in the world to work on my truck guys. :eek:) I work alot, have a woman, and family to take care of.

ANYWAYS, I got the compressor off last night. If any of you are not skilled in mechanic work, take it to a shop. This was a *****. Everything was corroded and seized shut. Had to sawzall off all (3) screws that mount the compressor to the frame which mounts to the truck frame rail. Ultimately, the frame the compressor is mounted to, had to come off first because it was not seized on. There is 3 studs that hold it to the frame rail. 2 are easily seen, one is not. You have to go from an entrance opening in the frame rail from the other side. You will understand once you are under the truck. Pics this weekend of the shock install, and of the new and old compressor.

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I was just giving you a hard time, not trying to be mean. :)

I have a job, wife, and kids too so I know the drill. Mine will be done in a shop because I don't have the time (or skills) to figure it out myself.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea man we were just bustin your stones... im a corrections officer and spend about 65-70 hours a week in the prison... i have a woman, and a house and i have been working a few nights a week as a bouncer... so i too know the drill despite my age... no kids job here...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts