Denali guys: Ordered new Bilstein rear shocks/air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade

Reaction score
Ok, seems 3-5 of us on here all complain about our Denali rear suspension systems being old and shot. Well me being one, I bit the bullet and ordered from Arnotts, the Bilstein shocks and their air compressor. Should be here soon. Pics of install.

Kinda nervous to mess with the compressor/wiring, etc...

I am NOT getting the air bag helpers yet for the springs. I wanna see how much the new vs. old broken shot suspension is a difference on load level once I get it in towing. If it still sags more than I like, the bags will go in.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how you like that setup. I can't afford it for another month or so, so it'll be good to get an opinion before I order. I'm contemplating deleting the whole system and going with standard Bilstein Heavy Duty shocks, so keep us updated.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
Will do. I am just nit picky and kept it all the way it comes. I don't like to make things different than the way they come.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
Stuff came!

Apparently no one at ARNOTT can read and they sent me the wrong suspension. They sent me the OEM shocks. WAY TO ******* GO! hah but, I am fine with the OEM. They said they are out of the Bilsteins for quite some time and they sent me the OEM equipment which is about $100 more for NO additional cost. and for my troubles, they will be warrantied for life!

Last edited:

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's nice they gave you the other ones and the warranty, but I didn't particularly like the old ones anyway...lol. I'd be annoyed I didn't get the Bilsteins. I want to see how they ride compared to the OEM's. Traditionally, Bilsteins are a better ride then OEM shocks, so even though they are less expensive they may still be the superior shock.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
I am a little annoyed, but hey.... ever since I have had the truck, they been blown so even the OEM ones that are now new and a new pump, will seem 100x better than what I am used to since day one. I will live.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
pics soon, install tomorrow if all goes well.

379.00 for the oem replacement rear shocks.
179.00 for the new compressor.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Wow, so I was bored and wanted to take a peek at the old compressor on my Denali.... DAMN!

Its so bad. Not only is it just old and failed... the cast/aluminum or cast steel housing on the pump has completely corroded away, there is hardly even a skeleton of a compressor left. This will be a hellacious removal I feel, but will make for good pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo