Denali Difference - Changes by Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no AC ducting to the seats in any year.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no AC ducting to the seats in any year.
This is true. The earlier ones, like the GMT900 had a TED that DID cool the seats in the unit itself. Current flowed over an element in one direction making heat, and reverse flow to pull heat out if the element making cool air. On a 100 degree day, with JUST the seat cooler on with engine off, the seats blow cool air. Maybe they changed something over the years or on the K2 plafltform.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true. The earlier ones, like the GMT900 had a TED that DID cool the seats in the unit itself. Current flowed over an element in one direction making heat, and reverse flow to pull heat out if the element making cool air. On a 100 degree day, with JUST the seat cooler on with engine off, the seats blow cool air. Maybe they changed something over the years or on the K2 plafltform.
Good info! That might also explain why the heating function in the seats was only so-so. On my 2019 the heated seats will fry your ass!

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
This is the info I’m looking for. Anything else? I read about massaging seats when did they appear? I had a ‘15 SLT and ‘16 Denali and looking to get back in another Denali. I’ll consider older ones if I won’t be missing out on new features.

tdowns12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Yukons have a fuel filler cap. I believe starting in 2016 this design was updated to be cap less.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the info I’m looking for. Anything else? I read about massaging seats when did they appear? I had a ‘15 SLT and ‘16 Denali and looking to get back in another Denali. I’ll consider older ones if I won’t be missing out on new features.
No massaging seats

JRH2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an early 15 and it does not have wireless charging or hands free lift gate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu