Demon possessed heated seats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

select127

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is with the heated seat switch on the door. Replace it and problem should go away. Had same problem in 3 trucks I've owned.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
Received my new heating element but waiting for the new seat foam and leather cover to arrive because my heiney wore a hole in the old one...

LEDFoot

Reaction score
Who wants to play spot-the-short!?HeaterElementShort.jpgSeatCoverBurn.jpg

Finally got around to doing this lat night, didn't realize the design of the heater element was quite this dumb, whoever thought it a good idea to lay the wires in a crossing, grid pattern? On something people sit on likely every day.
No wonder these things short out left and right.

Replaced with an element from the seat shop and it does not have crossing wires.

Replaced the seat foam and the cover as well, and voila, no more ghosts turning my seat heater on and off.

Also took care of the peeling buttons, got the vinyl stickers off of ebay and so far I'm pretty pleased with the results vs. buying a whole new switch assembly
20200218_085236.jpg
Compare to the passenger side I haven't done yet20200218_085242.jpg

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
So I disconnected the heating elements and the lights stopped blinking, I guess that might be the problem.

Several days after I disconnected the heat element the heat switch started acting up again, so I order a new switch. Waiting for it to arrive and see it the demon goes away.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
How hard is it to replace the heat element?
It's not particularly hard, the hardest part was getting all the connectors undone underneath the seat.

I did it with the seat in the vehicle, the bottom cushion is only held with the two nuts on the front underside and two keyhole slots in the back (once nuts are off, lift the front and slide forward and lift up the back.

Might be easier to take the whole seat out though, I'm not sure.

The heating element is glued to the seat foam, the new one comes with adhesive steps already on. Go to the seat shops utube channel, they have some very instructive videos on getting the seat cover pob and off.

LEDFoot

Reaction score
Several days after I disconnected the heat element the heat switch started acting up again, so I order a new switch. Waiting for it to arrive and see it the demon goes away.

Did you disconnect both heating elements? If you only did the bottom it's possible that the backrest one is the one that Issa showed out

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

So I replaced the heat switch with an oem part and the heated seats still cycle on and off. I also hooked up the tech2 to the door module and I get no codes. Wtf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM