Demon possessed heated seats!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced the heat switch with an oem part and the heated seats still cycle on and off. I also hooked up the tech2 to the door module and I get no codes. Wtf
What does the heat switch plug into?

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I replaced the heat switch with an oem part and the heated seats still cycle on and off. I also hooked up the tech2 to the door module and I get no codes. Wtf

Thats because the problem is not the heated seat button, its either the window switch or the heating pad. Most likely the window switch or DDM.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Did you try turning them on and off and if adjustable, doing that with the Tech-2?

I will try that today.

What does the heat switch plug into?

It plugs into the window switch

Thats because the problem is not the heated seat button, its either the window switch or the heating pad. Most likely the window switch or DDM.

My next option is to buy a new heating pad. If that does not fix the issue, I will buy a new window switch.

smcnair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the window switch that controls the windows and mirrors. Replace that part and all will be solved.

rgosart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@smcnair
How sure are you that is the problem?

If you disconnected the heating pad and the problem still exists I am about 99.9% sure. Even without trying that I am about 90% sure the window switch is the issue. It is very common.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have read elsewhere -- and no, I do not have a link -- is that the circuit board on the switch gets coated in dust from exposure to the elements. Then, when there is enough humidity in the air -- especially rain! -- the switch shorts. I've experienced this in a Silverado when it was 95+ degrees outside and a million percent humidity. :eek:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
If you disconnected the heating pad and the problem still exists I am about 99.9% sure. Even without trying that I am about 90% sure the window switch is the issue. It is very common.

I disconnected the heating element and it still does it.

What I have read elsewhere -- and no, I do not have a link -- is that the circuit board on the switch gets coated in dust from exposure to the elements. Then, when there is enough humidity in the air -- especially rain! -- the switch shorts. I've experienced this in a Silverado when it was 95+ degrees outside and a million percent humidity. :eek:

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the window switch.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disconnected the heating element and it still does it.

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy the window switch.
I have heard that if you simply clean it, you are good for another year or two. The sole caveat being that your switch isn't already in a constant state of flux. If this is intermittent, then the dirty circuit is likely your gremlin.

It is still a good idea to look into replacing the heating pads on the seat, since they are, at best, 14 years old (can't remember your model year, sorry).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts