Delta between Hybrid Tahoe and Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txhokie4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at picking up an '08 or '09 used Hybrid Tahoe/Yukon.

Any difference between the two?

Ride or Interior Quality?

thx,

m

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Not much of a difference b/w the two but I personally like the Hybrid yukon better, just look closer to normal than the Tahoe
Just makesure you make them remove those ugly Hybrid decals on the door!

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
Just my opinion which you may not give a fu*k about. Hybrids are a waist of money! The diference in price between a hybrid and a non hybrid is significant enough that you would have do own the car for a very long time and drive an significant amount of miles for it to pay off. Also, a hybrid does that much better fuel mileage than a non. It is my opinion that the cost of extra fuel you burn in a non hybrid still turns out to be a cheaper cost of ownership than paying more for a hybrid.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with my Hybrid. I didn't buy it to save money. I got it so I wouldn't have to use so much gas. But I also got a good deal on mine, and with the $2200 rebate. I don't think I spent more than I would for a non-hybrid.

I think the grille is the biggest diference.

Last edited:

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
Just my opinion which you may not give a fu*k about. Hybrids are a waist of money! The diference in price between a hybrid and a non hybrid is significant enough that you would have do own the car for a very long time and drive an significant amount of miles for it to pay off. Also, a hybrid does that much better fuel mileage than a non. It is my opinion that the cost of extra fuel you burn in a non hybrid still turns out to be a cheaper cost of ownership than paying more for a hybrid.
I agree here, i read somewhere that you would have to drive like 230,000 miles to pay off the difference (i am pretty sure that was based on the MSRP but still the hybrid doesn't have the discounts the reg Tahoe/Yukon have)If you must get one i would say get a Yukon, but i am biased, and if you get a reg one still get a Yukon, lol.

CPMS

Reaction score
I'm with Ed...

The cost difference between a Hybrid and gas Tahoe/Yukon isn't as much as some would think. Go to the GM site and build a non hybrid similarly equipped to a Hybrid and you'll find the difference isn't the $10k some would believe. My comparison came up with $5k difference. Your out the door price difference would obviously depend on your dealer's stock. As for actual GM incentives, they are identical for the Hybrid and non (at least for the last 2 months). Factor in the $2.2k tax credit and it gets even closer. Granted it will still take a while to pay back depending on your driving, but I've found that most of us Hybrid buyers do it for reasons other than the pure financial benefit (unless they are misinformed or suck at math). I own an energy conservation and project management consulting firm so the Hybrid is a marketing tool for me (I'm leaving all those stickers on). I also want to start doing my part to help our environment while still being able to take my family, camping gear, surf gear and biking gear ANYWHERE comfortably. I drive less than 10k miles a year here in Honolulu so the Hybrid will NEVER pay for its self but that's not why I bought it so I'm fine with that. Not trying to start a debate here, only have two real points:
1. Tahoe/Yukon Hybrids are excellent vehicles that can do more than any other hybrid out there while still lightening your carbon footprint.
2. Intelligent people don't buy Hyrbrids because they think the vehicle will pay for its self in fuel savings.

:peace:

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
The cost difference between a Hybrid and gas Tahoe/Yukon isn't as much as some would think. Go to the GM site and build a non hybrid similarly equipped to a Hybrid and you'll find the difference isn't the $10k some would believe. My comparison came up with $5k difference. Your out the door price difference would obviously depend on your dealer's stock. As for actual GM incentives, they are identical for the Hybrid and non (at least for the last 2 months). Factor in the $2.2k tax credit and it gets even closer. Granted it will still take a while to pay back depending on your driving, but I've found that most of us Hybrid buyers do it for reasons other than the pure financial benefit (unless they are misinformed or suck at math). I own an energy conservation and project management consulting firm so the Hybrid is a marketing tool for me (I'm leaving all those stickers on). I also want to start doing my part to help our environment while still being able to take my family, camping gear, surf gear and biking gear ANYWHERE comfortably. I drive less than 10k miles a year here in Honolulu so the Hybrid will NEVER pay for its self but that's not why I bought it so I'm fine with that. Not trying to start a debate here, only have two real points:
1. Tahoe/Yukon Hybrids are excellent vehicles that can do more than any other hybrid out there while still lightening your carbon footprint.
2. Intelligent people don't buy Hyrbrids because they think the vehicle will pay for its self in fuel savings.

:peace:

Good answer!

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to wonder how much difference a hybrid would give you given your speficic driving habits. Lots of taking off, stopping, and starting all over again. I'd be interested in hearing back after you get it on how it goes. I drive mostly in town and pull 18mpg. I understand the marketing angle though. I understand that the seats are a bit different and not as comfortable in the hybrid to accomodate the batteries and weight. That's about all I know about the hybrid. I paid $36K for a non hybrid, just to assist in pricing if you need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo