Delta between Hybrid Tahoe and Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! One last 'doubting Thomas' thought. (looking for info really)

When the warranty expires, and the tranny goes out, how much would that cost to fix? (this was one thing I thought to myself when I was at the dealer)

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

No kidding! In a big SUV like these, that would be soooooo nice!

I am not sure, but all Hybrid equipment is warrantied for 8 years 100,000 miles.

When did you get the recall notice?

Got the letter today. I called my dealer, Yukon is going in this Fri. I guess the recall came out on the 16th.

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure, but all Hybrid equipment is warrantied for 8 years 100,000 miles.

Oh that's good! Maybe next time around I'll take another look see! Hopefully by then there will be Mr. Fusion under the hood and I can just dump trash in for go! :hands:

No cars for me for a looong time. Everything is paid off and I want to keep it that way for some years to come. Besides, there isn't anything out there I really like these days.

CPMS

Reaction score
Got the letter today. I called my dealer, Yukon is going in this Fri. I guess the recall came out on the 16th.

Thanks Ed. I'll check the mail today. Sucks since I had my Tahoe at the Dealer yesterday to check on an error that OnStar reported (turned out to be a non-issue, just don't let your battery run down to zero or the computer spits out all kinds of errors when it wakes up).

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
I get 430 miles to the tank with an average of abour 20MPG per gallon. I like my 2WD non-hybrid, and though Hybrids are expenive, what ever happened to doing it for the planet lol?
Nothing wrong with that, though SUV hybrids aren't too profitable!
how in the hell are you getting 20? I am lucky to get 14 or 15 in town and like 17 on the highway in my 5.3 2WD.

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Ed. I'll check the mail today. Sucks since I had my Tahoe at the Dealer yesterday to check on an error that OnStar reported (turned out to be a non-issue, just don't let your battery run down to zero or the computer spits out all kinds of errors when it wakes up).

You're telling me. They had it for two weeks. Got it back last Fri. They could have done it then.

CPMS

Reaction score
I'm telling you guys, he has a hybrid and doesn't know it :cool:

OP
OP
T

txhokie4life

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
start up --

So when the vehicle is starting up first thing in the morning, is it assuming
the charge has been stored in the NiMH batteries?

Is there any way to charge them via the wall outlet?

Anyone have any idea how watt hours the battery pack is?

How long/far could the vehicle run at 30mph before going to 50% SOC?

thanks,

m

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I honestly have no clue, when full, the DIC reads different tank miles, but always more than 410!
I don't drive fast at all, plus I have a Magnaflow and K&N intake!

bocaytomas

Reaction score
I think there must be something wrong with my truck, how is it that everyone gets 18 MPG average on gas models? I'm stuck at 14 MPG combined, this includes 30 min on highway and the rest of the day on the street, shouldn't I be getting more? When I did a long trip to Boston I got 15 MPG average

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts