Dealership/buying experince

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used Laura Buick GMC in Collinsville (STL) Il.

They were decent. In the end, I received the vehicle I ordered in the timeframe I was promised for the price I was promised. They were terrible at communication though.

GM really needs to train all dealers/managers that they have to stress how important it is to keep in touch with your customers. Maybe updates twice a week, returning phone calls, emails, and prompt response to any inquiries.

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a great experience buyin my XL. I bought the very first XL they had. They were asking 61k and I got them down to 58. They took my 07' for 17k so I ended up around $41k.... I delt with Walker Cadilliac GMC in Carrollton,Ga. Acutely I was just there yesterday getting my 3rd oil change and they had quit a few on the lot.

SVL

Reaction score
Horrible. I ordered my $75k truck from a high volume dealer in suburban Chicago. When the truck arrived they wanted to charge me full MSRP and they "nickel and dimed" me like crazy on my trade-in. After wasting time with much back and forth the GM said, "I dont feel that i owe you anything" but finally agreed to take 1k off MSRP. Gee thanks pal.

However, it's my fault for wanting an early release, brand new model that they will no doubt be selling for well below MSRP within the next 8-12 months. I suppose that when you are a Buick/GMC dealer you have to flex your muscles when you can.

SVL

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In another thread someone said Laura GMC is doing $8,200 off MSRP...

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In another thread someone said Laura GMC is doing $8,200 off MSRP...

10-4 on that. I actually bought from there. I can confirm their pricing is legit.

$71,280 MSRP = $63,495 OTD + tax, which was paid locally.

Attachments

• 20140509_101105.jpg
    20140509_101105.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Horrible. I ordered my $75k truck from a high volume dealer in suburban Chicago. When the truck arrived they wanted to charge me full MSRP and they "nickel and dimed" me like crazy on my trade-in. After wasting time with much back and forth the GM said, "I dont feel that i owe you anything" but finally agreed to take 1k off MSRP. Gee thanks pal.

However, it's my fault for wanting an early release, brand new model that they will no doubt be selling for well below MSRP within the next 8-12 months. I suppose that when you are a Buick/GMC dealer you have to flex your muscles when you can.

SVL

Damn man, shouldn't let any dealer do that to you. I would have laughed and walked. My dealer agreed to do it at invoice the day he could place the first order. Now, 7 months later, we are talking well below invoice.

OmegaRoach

Reaction score
My dealership actually made right by me this week. After a less than stellar review I made, the General Manager contacted me and made everything right. He had me come back in to resign paperwork dropping the price down to Supplier pricing, extended warranty at $1400 (would have passed it up but a $600 discount is nice), filled up my empty YD XL and washed it.

Now I feel MUCH BETTER about my purchase experience.

uscgto

Reaction score
this thread helped me find Laura GMC who is basically offering 9-10k and even more on certain models.

That place just happens to be way too far from me. I might still consider the drive, is there anyway I could actually find a volume dealer in around Texas?

Thanks guys.

jlsr

Reaction score
Have you checked Sewell in Dallas? We ordered ours through them on 7/26 and truck is scheduled to be built 8/18. They also had 15 on the lot the day we were there but all 4WDs they had had black interior so we ordered. We've bought our last 3 vehicles through them and they have been great to work with. Best regards,

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this thread helped me find Laura GMC who is basically offering 9-10k and even more on certain models.

That place just happens to be way too far from me. I might still consider the drive, is there anyway I could actually find a volume dealer in around Texas?

Thanks guys.

I used Laura and it was well worth the 900 mile drive home.

MSRP 77500 OTD 68400 :)

4 Dealers in my area wouldn't even do invoice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879