Dealers suck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM tried that with Saturn and they discontinued that. Thats what spring hill was all about.

OP
OP
G

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E5C7B161-C795-4487-9756-C1E4FE71CB1A.pngF15E1CCC-E219-4CFF-B65B-9CCA7C142C44.jpeg

The first picture is what I priced out online. The latter is what the same dealer sent me. I truly love non-transparent, dishonest, surprising additional markups. But it’s okay, “the dealers are trying. They make mistakes. Poor little dealers.”

280FA49E-7C06-46BD-967C-ABBED27696CD.jpeg
Accessories is actually the markup.

I know there are honest dealers out there that sell at or less than msrp. But even those have inventory presold. The least they could do is mark “pending sale” on their website. I only know one dealer that does that. This market has made me believe strongly that dealers need to be regulated.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 390134View attachment 390135

The first picture is what I priced out online. The latter is what the same dealer sent me. I truly love non-transparent, dishonest, surprising additional markups. But it’s okay, “the dealers are trying. They make mistakes. Poor little dealers.”

View attachment 390137

I know there are honest dealers out there that sell at or less than msrp. But even those have inventory presold. The least they could do is mark “pending sale” on their website. I only know one dealer that does that. This market has made me believe strongly that dealers need to be regulated.
If it's entered as a retail sold order in the workbench the vehicles don't show up as incoming dealer inventory. But many don't enter them as such probably to hedge their bets against people that don't fulfil their order.

I never saw mine appear and I looked constantly. Even put in the vin under the search, which would say the vehicle isn't available anymore.

MoonTruck

Reaction score

View attachment 390137

Wow, double digit financing estimates holy ****, who is buying a car and paying those rates, that’s insane.

Dealers don’t need to be regulated, we just need to be able to buy direct from the manufacturer like Tesla, Rivian and such. The dealers will all go out of business. The only ones who will be around are the actually decent ones for those people that like to try before they buy. But they have a strong lobby, so doubt it. Consumer always gets the short end.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This wasn't true for mine. It was a retail sold order and showed up on both the GMC site and the dealer site.
Wasn't true for mine either. It was retail sold to someone else, who ended up backing out, but since it was listed on the GMC inventory page I called about it and when the original buyer backed out, they called me to see if I was still interested.

ColeBlooded

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard each dealer has to remove sold orders from the website. I have no idea how true that is. Mine was marked as sold on the order sheet and never showed up on the dealer inventory. The dealer also didn't even know it was enroute.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 390137

Looking at this and that $37k cost after your trade in and I recalled this sticker on a new truck a couple years ago. Was a new Z71 Silverado that was still on the lot after the 20s had come out. Ahh, those were the days.....

silverado msrp sale.jpg

Buy a brand new truck and keep your present vehicle and save a grand or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues