Dealer over filled transmission fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanslane

Reaction score
Dealer replaced transmission.
Did a bang up job lol
Didn’t reconnect mounting bracket that holds the fuel lines up off of the transmission. When I am underneath there, I saw that the fuel line was rubbing on top of the transmission. Unbelievable. Also, there are two other harnesses underneath there that were not connected. But my question is.

They definitely overfilled the transmission. Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know how much they overfilled it. It is way above the mark. To me it seems like it’s four or 5 quarts above.

Attachments

• IMG_7375.jpeg
    IMG_7375.jpeg
    696.8 KB · Views: 5

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealer replaced transmission.
Did a bang up job lol
Didn’t reconnect mounting bracket that holds the fuel lines up off of the transmission. When I am underneath there, I saw that the fuel line was rubbing on top of the transmission. Unbelievable. Also, there are two other harnesses underneath there that were not connected. But my question is.

They definitely overfilled the transmission. Hopefully someone can chime in and let me know how much they overfilled it. It is way above the mark. To me it seems like it’s four or 5 quarts above.
how you did you check it?
engine running, transmission hot, in park, on a level surface.?
if the above was not how it was done then your reading is innacurate.

OP
OP
S

Seanslane

Reaction score
how you did you check it?
engine running, transmission hot, in park, on a level surface.?
if the above was not how it was done then your reading is innacurate.
I check it how the service manual says to check it when cold, since it was cold.
Running, level ground, hold break, go through gears, and so on.
But seriously? Even with a grossly inaccurate reading, would it be 1.75” above the hot mark?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I check it how the service manual says to check it when cold, since it was cold.
Running, level ground, hold break, go through gears, and so on.
But seriously? Even with a grossly inaccurate reading, would it be 1.75” above the hot mark?
Repeat the process except this time make sure it is warmed up at least 10 minutes of driving. The dipstick does not have a cold level mark only hot. Well I guess it does have a cold mark but that's only to make sure you have enough fluid to drive it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Seanslane

Reaction score
If it is over filled just have them fix it
Thanks for the reply. I’ll did the same process and got the same reading after driving 30 miles.
I was just hoping someone would know approximately how many quarts over that is. That way I know, before I email them and let them know how they suck. What kind of service technician that works at a dealership, fills up a transmission 2” higher on a dipstick than the hot mark.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I’ll did the same process and got the same reading after driving 30 miles.
I was just hoping someone would know approximately how many quarts over that is. That way I know, before I email them and let them know how they suck. What kind of service technician that works at a dealership, fills up a transmission 2” higher on a dipstick than the hot mark.
Probably 2 quarts is my best guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe

Latest posts