Dealer oil change $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nfarios

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought oil for 6.44 per qt and 4.60 for the oil filter at Rockauto. Shipping was 11.99 but this is the least I’ve spent on an oil change on this beast. If you’ve never done your own oil change I would recommend replacing the oil pan drain bolt. The stock one is a pain the ass to remove. The head on it is almost flush. I like this one for LS3 engines with a magnetic tip C6 Corvette LS2 LS3 LS7 Magnetic Oil Drain Plug NEO Magnet Fits: All 05 through 13 Corvettes https://a.co/d/hoKa4hS IMG_3980.jpeg

DLAv8r

Reaction score
When you've seen how many mistakes "Fast Lane oil change" uneducated techs have made on diesels.... (Mostly putting the wrong gasser oil in them...Or assuming they are an HD and putting 15W-40 in them or putting in the wrong amounts from way to little to way to much...) you'd understand why my dealership only allows their diesel techs to do oil changes on the heavy duty and LM2 engines.
Not to mention, most consumers just assume since they've had it done at a dealership that "It must have been done right" and don't check their receipts for what or how much was used. Then about 2 weeks later they pull the stick and it's like 2 " above full or doesn't even register.
All told to me by a friend that is a service writer at a local dealership...... Don't think it doesn't happen.... And the #1 reason I do it myself....
I’d like to do it myself, but worried about any warranty issues that pop up and then they can deny the claim. I’ve had buddies have to get lawyers involved even when they had proof of doing their own oil changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts