Dealer oil change $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tinbadtin

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my dealer also has the $79 oil change special but it’s gasoline only.. but if ya’ll paying $80-100 for diesel oil changes… I’m definitely getting ripped off a ton. Will check with other dealers in the area to see if any are cheaper.. would totally do it myself but between a busy day job and 4 little kids at home just difficult to find the time.

For context this is Bay Area California so that probably has something to do with it…

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody above advertises these "Specials" and "Coupons" but none of them apply to DMax vehicles.
I highly doubt you can get 10 changes for 660.00 on the LM2....
I've never seen dealer "Coupons" that give you a discount on Diesel vehicles.

martinajm

Reaction score
$110 each for the "diesel" if you buy 3 at a time at my dealership as of this AM, but it didn't have any distinction between the 3.0L and the bigger diesels.

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everybody above advertises these "Specials" and "Coupons" but none of them apply to DMax vehicles.
I highly doubt you can get 10 changes for 660.00 on the LM2....
I've never seen dealer "Coupons" that give you a discount on Diesel vehicles.
Why would it be any different? OK, so the oil and filter might cost a bit more, but is the labor more complicated somehow than draining and refilling?

Larsonxjs

Reaction score
John Hiester in NC offers “Dealership for Life” 7 oil changes for $~475. I bought it with the SUV. I go in tomorrow for service. It’s really nice.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would it be any different? OK, so the oil and filter might cost a bit more, but is the labor more complicated somehow than draining and refilling?
When you've seen how many mistakes "Fast Lane oil change" uneducated techs have made on diesels.... (Mostly putting the wrong gasser oil in them...Or assuming they are an HD and putting 15W-40 in them or putting in the wrong amounts from way to little to way to much...) you'd understand why my dealership only allows their diesel techs to do oil changes on the heavy duty and LM2 engines.
Not to mention, most consumers just assume since they've had it done at a dealership that "It must have been done right" and don't check their receipts for what or how much was used. Then about 2 weeks later they pull the stick and it's like 2 " above full or doesn't even register.
All told to me by a friend that is a service writer at a local dealership...... Don't think it doesn't happen.... And the #1 reason I do it myself....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo