Daytime Running HIDS ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay i have lows and fogs on 6k HIDS and im instaling a clear blinker bulb to get rid of that oarnge glow on th reflectors but dose anyone know anything about the tahoes daytime running lights can they be switched to hids like the escalades are ? The escalades hid ones look soo much cleaner i think it would be a sick mod for a tahoe

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i use led 3157 for my drl and it looks just as good as Hid. I also use Switchback led in my running/turn signals. When park lights on, its white, when i use the turn signals it alters amber and white

SmallXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use led 3157 for my drl and it looks just as good as Hid. I also use Switchback led in my running/turn signals. When park lights on, its white, when i use the turn signals it alters amber and white

which 3157? So many options with how many bulbs/smd's. Any pics?

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a HID guy I go to in town I'll see what he says. It may be possible with a small bulb but not sure. But IMO a LED bulb would be a cheaper and easier way to go. Plus you can get LEDs for the turn signals to match.

OP
OP
Black71

Black71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks a ton man I have my local shop checking in for me as well I know the escapades have the daytime running hids or maybe there just bright LEDs I love the tahoes lights I think they would look sick during the day if they were hids.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah man HIDs cannot be ran with the factory DRL wiring becuase the factory DRL system has a pulsed voltage that would **** the HID system quick.
The pulsed voltage even requires LEDs in the DRLs to have a load resistor, or it would **** them too (happened to me twice before I learned).
Now a relay can be ran using the facotry wiring and the battery, then it will work with an HID system, or LEDs wth no resistors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barakawins