02 Yukon Headlight Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy Wednesday everyone...

Looking for some quick advice here. Appreciate any input you folks have. Here is where I am at currently.

I have Depo Denali projector headlight assemblies and I took my truck to a local shop and had them put in HID's. I'm told they are 55w and I paid $265 for them. Unsure on brand etc. Well I have two problems...First they don't display downrange far enough (and I cannot adjust them any higher) and I've also discovered the warm up problem while driving on a dark road in the rain the other night when I switched from my high's back to my HID lows. I was basically driving in the dark for 3-7 seconds while HID's warmed up. That's not ever going to work in my world so for now I'm done with HID's.

At this point I just want to pull the HID's and drop in some LED's and not have to deal with it for awhile. Maybe in the future I'll go the whole bixenon, 4 high, etc etc mod. For now. I just want to be able to safely drive at night which is what started this whole debacle.

I've scoured the Internet including these forums and am trying to nail down the bulbs to buy. Right now I am considering the Cougar, the Hikari, Nineo, and the Morimoto kits, although I am open to about anything under $200 for a set.

Any and all advice is welcomed and I'm ready to go buy today.

One other question. Is there a market for me to sell my HID's if I gathered some more information on what they are? They're not defective, they just don't meet my immediate needs.

Thanks!!
Id suggest you get a HID projector and retrofit what you have now. You asked for more throw and depth, lets see any of these plug and play led's have a cutoff at 200' +/- 25'

full

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You see great with all that horrible light dispersion? I believe what you're considering "great lighting" is the hot-spot led's create but in real life comparison, have no width or depth
I think it looks good. I didn't send a pic from inside/what I see. Projects down the road great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n