Dave's 1995 Tahoe LS 4X4 2dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
- 3rd brake light

I did not notice the 3rd brake light when I purchased the vehicle... other than it worked. It was on some kind of extension pillars for some reason. The kit looked to be built for the application, but I have no idea what it accommodated. I had to remove the C piller covers (interior pieces) and then the top interior door piece. My vehicle is a barn door configuration... I don't know if that's different for this body style. I was able to clean all the residue from the adhesive for the previous adapter and install the new brake light. It is pretty straight forward once you get things cleaned up. You do have to be careful not to over-torque the screws holding the light down as they can shatter the plastic piece they are attaching causing a bit of trouble. I also put gorilla tape over the two "extra" holes that were drilled for the previous adapter. I'm eventually going to have the roof painted and will have these repaired then.

20210720-Old Brake Light.jpg

20210808-New Brake Light.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
I bought new winter tires and had them put on a set of wheels I purchased a couple of years ago. I also had the brakes serviced. The fronts needed the rotors turned and new pads. The back were fine. That was a pleasant surprise.

20210809_New Tires and Wheels.jpg

OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
Idles at 1000 rpm - suspect vacuum leak

The brakes went so fast and tomorrow is supposed to start heading towards 100... so I decided to change the TBI / intake gasket today. It was pretty easy and most of the work revolves around keeping clean and making sure no debris goes down the intake. The new gasket did the trick and the idle dropped down into normal ranges immediately.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Dent on passenger side

I spent the morning removing the passenger rear wheel flare and passenger running board in prep for dent repair starting today. I'm hoping to have it back in "2 weeks". Fingers are crossed.

View attachment 347380
I would be interested to hear if your fender flare lays perfectly flush, after reinstallation. I removed and reinstalled all 4 of mine after a “Rustoration” and some areas of the flares are pulling away from the body. I was considering 3M trim tape, but some of the gaps are so small, now I am pondering injecting some automotive adhesive. Please let me know how yours looks. Thanks.

Attachments

• 698D7768-A216-4987-9C46-C9911D39B529.jpeg
    698D7768-A216-4987-9C46-C9911D39B529.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
David Staines

David Staines

Reaction score
- New speakers

I replaced the front speakers after getting the Tahoe back from the body shop. I also replaced the other rear speaker. The fronts are always a bit more fun due to the door panel removal. I was also let down a little bit by Crutchfield as the speaker adapter and speaker connector adapter were not in stock. I ended up going through Amazon for those two parts. I bought a pair of Kicker CSC65 speakers after doing a bit of research on just what fit into the speaker adapters. The sound is now SIGNIFICANTLY better. I'm calling it good enough for these ears that spent 3 straight years at the end of the runway in Mt Home, ID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts