Dashboard mounted OBD2 monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking into putting together some way to be able to view more detailed information about the status of my Tahoe while I'm driving it like fuel trim, current gear, and anything else I desire

I have an old Samsung Note 8 loaded with Torque Pro and a bluetooth OBD2 reader and I was thinking of getting a dashboard phone mount and installing it semi-permanently in my Tahoe but I wanted to see if there was a better way of accomplishing my wants.

My main concern with using this cell phone is that it gets pretty hot where I live and I don't want the battery to burn my tahoe to the ground.

Has anyone else accomplished something like this?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking into putting together some way to be able to view more detailed information about the status of my Tahoe while I'm driving it like fuel trim, current gear, and anything else I desire...

1694245596804.png

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I’ve had friends use old dash mount tuners like a EDGE to monitor on the driver gauge pillar
I need to get some gauges myself I had planned to get a 3 pod pillar with oil pressure A/F and volt meter.
I’ve also seen I pad dash swaps that integrate all the obd2 stuff from a Bluetooth dongle like your using with your phone
the phone sounds like the cheapest and easiest to start off with through

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Charlie207 I have Torque pro but don’t want a cell phone battery strapped to my dashboard.

Looking for something I can set and forget without having to unlock a cellphone and connect to Bluetooth

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autosync doesn't show fuel trims, but does show

gear, converter clutch engagement,
converter slip rpms, oil pressure,
coolant, intake and tranny temps,
spark advance, knock retard,
MAF, MAP and ethanol %.

and is also a code reader!

It displays in your dash readout.

It also includes a few nice features like rearview camera check, remote window control, manual high idle, tpms pressure settings, afm disable and radio code unlock.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@the 18th letter Mostly to monitor more system information than just coolant temp and oil pressure, I would like to see live values for fuel trim and current gear and other information the speedometer cluster doesn't show

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz