Dashboard and Component lighting failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermut

Reaction score
Recently I've been having issues with the gauge cluster lights, as well as the radio and HVAC backlighting. The pictures below are what my current situation looks like. My radio's clock, as well as gear selector, Hi-beams, turn signals, E-Brake, and other indicators will light up, but all the other lighting that should come on such as gauges do not. I've tried all possible settings with the wheel and dial of my headlight/cabin light selector and nothing has worked. I've looked at my fuses and unless I'm checking the wrong ones they aren't blown.

What possible issues could this be? It happened a couple of months ago out of the blue and they all stopped working at the same time.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

9D356C26-866A-497A-9603-99A5199ABAD7.jpeg

93085B76-8798-4111-BD99-46D42E8E9005.jpeg

OP
OP
McDermut

McDermut

Reaction score
If I was going to throw a part at it, it would be a new headlight switch. It looks like just about everything goes through it.

But check fuse #9 first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the headlight switch. Common in these rigs. Oftentimes, a good, old-fashioned dope slap to the switch will temporarily fix it.

I checked the fuses and #9 was fine, but #14 was blown, which according to the chart is for illumination. How I missed that the first time I'm not sure, but I replaced it and all the dash and control backlighting is working now. I think the headlight switch might also be causing problems, so that'll be on the next parts order.

BTW, where did you find those electrical diagrams?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I checked the fuses and #9 was fine, but #14 was blown, which according to the chart is for illumination. How I missed that the first time I'm not sure, but I replaced it and all the dash and control backlighting is working now. I think the headlight switch might also be causing problems, so that'll be on the next parts order.

BTW, where did you find those electrical diagrams?
But why did it blow initially?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I'm not sure, I don't have any accessories or such installed, and the bulbs are stock halogens that I haven't ever messed with. The fuse may have just been old.
Anything is possible. Def keep an eye on it. You could have an intermittent short.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons