dash light fuse? Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djtrixx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was checking polarity and shorted one of the stock bulbs on my 4wd switch, and now all dash lights are out, except gauge cluster. A/C, Lights, 4wd rear windshield wiper, all out. What fuse controls this? I cannot find it in the manual for my 05 tahoe. Please help.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Oops, I was wrong, the backlighting of the gauge cluster is out as well, but the DIC and PRNDL, as well as the LCD for the climate control is working. All switches function as they should, but the illumination is out.

SLCHOE

ASE Master Certified + (L1)
Reaction score
I believe all of those LEDs are fed by the LED Dimming Supply circuit 1382 (purple/white - Pin B of connector C1) fed by the Body Control Module.

Try disconnecting your battery for 10 minutes and reconnecting it.

If that doesn't work, check for voltage at that pin, with the connector still connected and while KOEO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
djtrixx

djtrixx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gave up doing things the "logical" way. Went fuse by fuse till I found the blown one. TBC 2 just in case anyone needs to know. I miss the 60's bottle fuses. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts