Dash cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjectYukpn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi dash on my 2013 GMC Yukon is starting to crack by the instrument cluster what have people done to fix this but is there anyway I can just buy a new dash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very common problem, it happens to just about all the 07-14 SUVs and P/U’s. There’s several threads here on it, search around. Replacement dash is about $400 and if you damage the flat part by the windshield it’s another $300 or so.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very common problem, it happens to just about all the 07-14 SUVs and P/U’s. There’s several threads here on it, search around. Replacement dash is about $400 and if you damage the flat part by the windshield it’s another $300 or so.
that is why you get it installed at the dealer might be a little more for labor but they break it they pay for it right? i would rather not subject a local shop to that

OP
OP
ProjectYukpn

ProjectYukpn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right I just look at it every day and it makes me mad so I just want to get it fixed I thought about doing it myself but it doesn’t sound very fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is why you get it installed at the dealer might be a little more for labor but they break it they pay for it right? i would rather not subject a local shop to that
They will not replace anything for free, are you kidding? If it looks brittle ( mine was and that’s why it broke removing it) they’ll include that part in the estimate before they even get started. Most likely if your dash is cracked, that panel won’t survive the R&R. It’s not a fast process to replace the dash either so expect to pay $300-$500 labor. This is an expensive failure that should never happen in the first place. There’s a few threads on these dashes on here and other forums, it’s been discussed to death. There are overlays that go over the top as well as other alternatives depending on how picky you are. I attempted the hot staple method that you can see on YT but mine was too brittle and just broke in a different place. After I reinstalled it. In the end I replaced both my dash and the flat panel and am going to tint my windshield to minimize the suns effects.

Reaction score
Just get one of them dash pads or covers for ~$50 and call it a day

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but it's an option for someone who doesn't want to spend the coin on a new dash

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
The dash skins for about $100 to $150 look good for not much more though. For $50 you get the carpet covers that look horrible imo. But yes there are plenty of options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts