Dash Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBiggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali on order. Expecting in about 3 weeks. I’d like to put in a dash cam in which I already purchased. Has anyone hardwired in a dash cam in there Yukon? Did you have it installed by a dealer to maintain your warranty or did you install it yourself? If you installed it yourself, did you have any concerns about voiding your car warranty?

It would be nice to somehow record from all the cams that are already apart of the Yukon Denali

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask the dealer to be sure and welcome from Virginia. Post some pictures when you get her home.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon Denali on order. Expecting in about 3 weeks. I’d like to put in a dash cam in which I already purchased. Has anyone hardwired in a dash cam in there Yukon? Did you have it installed by a dealer to maintain your warranty or did you install it yourself? If you installed it yourself, did you have any concerns about voiding your car warranty?

It would be nice to somehow record from all the cams that are already apart of the Yukon Denali
there might be a factory option to add a dashcam there is for my 18 silverado

Tyler M

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The f800 dash am is a dealer installed option, but my dealer wouldn’t order it for me. They said it would have to be purchased from them after the vehicle arrives. I can buy the same model off Amazon and install it myself.

OP
OP
M

MrBiggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for you reply’s and thoughts.

I see that GMC already offers the f800. I’ve already purchased the u1000, which is the updated version of the f800. I can install it myself, I just want to know if installing myself would void some vehicle warrant. Other option is pay to have the dealer install the dash cam I purchased, if that is an option.

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for you reply’s and thoughts.

I see that GMC already offers the f800. I’ve already purchased the u1000, which is the updated version of the f800. I can install it myself, I just want to know if installing myself would void some vehicle warrant. Other option is pay to have the dealer install the dash cam I purchased, if that is an option.

It shouldn't if you're just grabbing a power, ground and ignition. Look at the GM Bodybuilder electrical guides for info on where to grab those.

badreau

Reaction score

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gen5diy sells a mirrortap harness which i think serves this or radar detector install purpose

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Thinkware U1000 I believe. Front and Rear.

Note for anyone getting a rear Dashcam make sure the installer leaves enough slack in the cable to allow opening of the lift gate glass.

For mounting I installed mine on the passenger side of the mirror. There is no monitor but allow enough room to disconnect cables for removal of cables if necessary. Also remember to put the SD card opening on the outboard side.

Also if your getting any windshield tint, eyebrow, of UV protective film apply all tint first. Then apply the cameras, TollTags etc..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts