Dash Cam recomendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it just came in real handy too, I was recently rear ended at a fairly low speed but enough to require repairs and the guy said "I had cut him off on the freeway", my video proved I was in my lane for a 1/2 mile before traffic became stop n go and that I did not in fact cut him off. it showed the gps location, time and speed on the video data which matched up with cell phone pictures taken at the scene which also showed gps location and time.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whichever you choose mount it on the ride side of the mirror because if you mount it on the left drivers side it blocks the rear view mirror sensor

notnbutsubz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone hardwire to turn on with ignition, if so power supply description would be helpful. Thks

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes I wired mine up in the little black box that is just to the left and up from the brake pedal, pull the cover off (it just pulls off) and there is multiple connectors going into the box, if one of the spots is empty just test the metal tabs with a meter till you find one that has power when the key is on (accessory power), mine is in the body shop till next week sometime or I could get you a picture, most of these cams are usb powered which is only 5v, I am assuming you got a 12v to 5v usb adapter to wire up?

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Thinkware has a special cable for hardwiring. It allows for motion sensing when parking, as well as impact detections while parked. It also monitors battery voltage and turns off at a preset voltage to prevent battery drain.

yugrus

Reaction score
The best way to hardwire is to tap into the mirror socket/terminal with 12v-to-USB adapter. This way you get switched power and no wires to route.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look up street guardian. They sell only the best cameras. Mine has been going for years. The good resolution cameras draw allot of standby Power and will drain your battery on motion if you leave them on straight Power. Conection it to aux Power first and let it run with just the key in the on position if you can leave it for several hours and it doesn't completely kill your battery you will know how you want to wire it.

Mine will kill my battery to the point that it just doesn't charge well after in about 4 hours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65