Damp carpet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have never seen you complain but have seen the frustration at times and you never gave up. You just asked more questions and processed the advice and kept at it and have learned along the way and adapted along the way. I am living vicariously thru you on your repairs. I just recently got my tool set together, again, and am now getting ready to do some maintenance/repairs as soon as my injured right arm gets healed. Is better every day thankfully. Hell, just this weekend was the first time I could brush my teeth normally in the last 2 weeks.

I look forward to, as I bet you do too, the soon time you have no repairs on the horizon and can just drive it for awhile.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank thanks to you, Ron! I kind of use this forum as a journal so that if someone else has these issues, they'll have some answers. :) I hope I never sound like I'm complaining here. I'm enjoying the heck out of myself on this project. It's sometimes frustrating and but almost always rewarding. Just glad a group of virtual drinking buddies to help me through it all. lol

Only through our challenges and frustrations are we able to truly appreciate our successes.

Thank you for freely sharing your journey through this project, so that others following you with the same or similar issues will have a definitive roadmap to follow toward achieving a resolution.

Sharing this journey with you is a mental exercise for all of us to (1) remember any previous related problem (for some of us, that is starting to become a bit of a challenge), (2) analyze, (3) propose troubleshooting steps, (4) receive your feedback, (5) propose new troubleshooting steps based on new information, (6) propose potential resolutions, and (7) receive your confirmation of resolution, and (8) catalog the resolution for future reference.

Thanks again for sharing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Years ago, steps like Joe just laid out was called, "Systems based diagnostics". With each system on any vehicle there are steps that are only for the system that need to be taken to analyze and diagnose with. My shops used that method every time I could and we used software programs, like AllData and Mitchell on Demand, to source the correct paths followed during that process. More times than not, it worked as designed.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen you complain but have seen the frustration at times and you never gave up. You just asked more questions and processed the advice and kept at it and have learned along the way and adapted along the way. I am living vicariously thru you on your repairs. I just recently got my tool set together, again, and am now getting ready to do some maintenance/repairs as soon as my injured right arm gets healed. Is better every day thankfully. Hell, just this weekend was the first time I could brush my teeth normally in the last 2 weeks.

I look forward to, as I bet you do too, the soon time you have no repairs on the horizon and can just drive it for awhile.

Ron, I hope your arm heals quick! We all take for granted living relatively pain-free until something like that happens.

OP
OP
mijohnst

mijohnst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only through our challenges and frustrations are we able to truly appreciate our successes.

Thank you for freely sharing your journey through this project, so that others following you with the same or similar issues will have a definitive roadmap to follow toward achieving a resolution.

Sharing this journey with you is a mental exercise for all of us to (1) remember any previous related problem (for some of us, that is starting to become a bit of a challenge), (2) analyze, (3) propose troubleshooting steps, (4) receive your feedback, (5) propose new troubleshooting steps based on new information, (6) propose potential resolutions, and (7) receive your confirmation of resolution, and (8) catalog the resolution for future reference.

Thanks again for sharing.

Thank you, Joseph! It's my pleasure and has been a joy!

That being said...I'm going to find that leak no matter what I have to do! lol

20200318_102402.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank you, Joseph! It's my pleasure and has been a joy!

That being said...I'm going to find that leak no matter what I have to do! lol

View attachment 242725

Holy crapola!!!!! Bare bones and all red. Look for the wet spot.

Mike, my arm is better today than yesterday. Thanks.

Can't lock it out when straight or make a full rolled up muscle. Tender spot on the inside of the elbow area.

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
i remember reading somewhere theres a screw in the cowl that can leak water past it, and it will drip into the front floorboards. haven't looked into it as mine doesn't leak yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645