D-Pillar Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
Two quick questions:

1) What size speakers are back there? ( I'm thinking they're 4", but don't know)

2) How difficult would they be to replace?

'05 Tahoe, no bose.

Thanks in advance.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its a 3.5 or 4 full range speaker. i put 6.5's in mine. the adapter was $85
it allows you to easly run 3 pair of 6.5's...
im gonna toss a pods in my front doors also and have a set of 6.5's and 5 1/4 in the front doors, 6.5's in the back doors and 6.5's in the back of the truck.. plenty of music to keep up with the subs

http://www.customspeakerpods.com/00-06-GM-D-Pillar-Pods-1104.htm

i made a spot for the tweeters right above the pods.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, replace the front and rear doors only, I don't think you need the rear ones, your main focus is on front doors, spend that money on a better set of components.

Tahoeatl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO, replace the front and rear doors only, I don't think you need the rear ones, your main focus is on front doors, spend that money on a better set of components.

true, those small speakers in the back arent worth a crap unless you do like i did and use the pods for 6.5's...
front speakers and back door speakers are the most important.. a good amp to push them too....

Nick

Resident Grill-Man
Reaction score
true, those small speakers in the back arent worth a crap unless you do like i did and use the pods for 6.5's...
front speakers and back door speakers are the most important.. a good amp to push them too....

I beg to differ. Infinity kappa 3.5's SCREAM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401