Custom Order Process and Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me on Sunday, they have an allocation for 2 Tahoes (I didn’t ask the specs). (I’ve been very open with our salesman on how I am willing to change my order around if something is on constraint). But he said we have to wait until Friday to see if GM picks up my order and get a TPW? Does that mean the dealership didn’t have allocation for my exact trim/packages so they’re waiting for the next weeks order? Or does it take a couple days for GM to accept and process the order and give any details about TPW?
From what I understand, dealers can only order from Thursday morning through Saturday night. The weekly constraint list comes out Thursday mornings.

Cwestfall4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I understand, dealers can only order from Thursday morning through Saturday night. The weekly constraint list comes out Thursday mornings.
Yeah that’s what I gather too! But once I’m like this sounds simple enough, then it gets tricky. Are constraints and allocations posted for that same week or the following week? So for him to say on Sunday, they have 2 allocations for tahoes, but quote- “friday (the guy who enters the orders) will put everything in and hopefully we will have a production date”. So are the allocations he has from last week or this week? I feel like once I understand the process, nothing happens that way LOL. I’m so confused.. ugh

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100, PREIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED. UNTIL GMAD ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point, you only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealers are awarded allocation based on past performance. Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order and salesman are known to string along customers during this process. When GM accepts the order, (see 2000 below) all the parts are available and will be allocated to your build.

1100 Preliminary Order Accepted. (Needs dealer allocation to move forward)

2000 Order Accepted by GMAD

2500 Order preferenced (“Picked Up”), Sent to Production Control

3000 Order Accepted by Production Control

3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)

3300 Order Selected and scheduled by Assembly Plant (Target Production Week usually available now)

3400 Order broadcasted (in the assembly plant production system), build process is underway and locked in sequence to the end of the line.

3800 Vehicle Produced, it’s come off the production line. VIN now available.

4000 Vehicle Available to Ship

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
Once an order moves to code 3000 does anybody have an estimates of the typical timing moving to the later codes? Thx

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, its not possible to estimate that. It can be days to weeks depending on many many factors...

SC2CO_TAHOE

Reaction score
Thx - Overly anxious about the process. Hopefully the production line keeps humming along and it will be produced soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrettS