Custom box behind third row seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have been searching threads and finally found a box a member has. I want to bang!!!! I want to use 2- 12 inch subs but don't know what will be the best sub to put in this box per the measurement's. This box is only $99.00. Anyone build boxes that could give me ideas?

I have two old school Rockford Fosgate BD1000 amps.

http://caraudiofactory.com/2007-chevy-tahoe-poly-2x12-p-589.html

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend JL Audio subs at a price point that meets your budget. With the ported design, you have more flexibility on what subs you can install in the box.

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
The 1.25 cu ft per sub is pretty small for a 12. So I wouldn’t put a very big sub in there. DC subs like smaller enclosures. you could probably run the level 2 or level 3 they will be on the cheaper side and still work well. Don’t be surprised if you get port noise though it’s also on the very small side for sq in of port. Start looking around on websites and subwoofers. 99% of them will have a recommended enclosure size and you can go off that. I would personally look and buy from
Skyhighcaraudio.com
Soundsolutionsaudio.com
Down4soundshop.com
Crutchfield.com (more main line stuff)

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will also recommend adding Audiomobile subs to the list of sub candidates. They are American made, and they are specifically designed for low volume enclosures. They were recommended to me by an mobile audio system expert installer, as a lower cost alternative to JL Audio subs, particularly for folks who prefer sound quality over sound volume. And, they are not 'pancake' subs. You can purchase them directly from the manufacturer, thereby eliminating the middle vendor markup.

I have them in 2 vehicles, and they fully meet my needs. I will say, however, that I have no interest in being heard by folks two blocks away, and my subs are in sealed enclosures, as I much prefer quality of sound over volume of sound.

Slurpglass

Reaction score
Try Net Audio they have a similar box design to the one you posted. I’ll be purchasing a custom box from them for my JL audio 12W7 which will still allow me to fold one of the rear 3rd-row seats up for groceries, guns, tools, etc. Definitely contact them as they can make and ship a box of your liking.

https://www.netaudiowf.com/#

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonesy92

Reaction score
I actually just finished my dual subwoofer enclosure for my 03 Tahoe. I started with a 2 chamber, ported box that was wedge cut. It was originally 19” deep, and I needed it to be closer to 14”. So, I marked all my lines, straightedges the box, and took off with a saw. After knocking off 5” all the way around, I formed a new back wall, fiberglassed the back, added bolt terminals, and installed 2 Pioneer 12” Subwoofers. (The dual wAs out in place while my second Pioneer gets delivered)Final specs were 1.1cu foot per chamber, and Pioneer specs have it at 1.2cu ported. I have both subs, wired at 4ohms, to a Pioneer Gm5602 900watt amp, mounted under the second row seats. This set works awesome. There’s enough clearance between the subs, and the rear trunk that nothing touches. And surprisingly, the trunk doesn’t rattle as much as I thought it would. I’ll throw a few photos up, as I’m getting ready to pull the box, and color match the front plastics to the exterior purple of my Hoe!

595F2C06-610B-40B7-8CE1-42E935A6CD38.jpeg

Jonesy92

Reaction score
And I forgot to mention that even with the box back behind the 3rd row, I have access to the 3rd rows lever to fold the seats flat, so I don’t lose the room I’d need to grocery shop, or shopping, hauling etc.

I could get you dimensions. Box I started with was a Bassworx Hpr212g.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts