Looking for ideas from sub box behind 3rd row seat 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a serious box custom or not to go behind my 3rd row seat 07 Tahoe LTZ. I want it to hit hard. Any ideas or pics?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a custom, downward-firing sealed sub enclosure with an Audiomobile 10" sub between my 2nd row captain's chairs, but it is movable to anywhere in the truck. I power it with a 500 watt RMS Rockford Fosgate amp installed inside the truck's rear side panel. One of my dogs also uses it as a seat, when we are driving down the road (hence, all the dog hair).

Subwoofer.jpg
Sub Enclosure Underside.jpg

I wish you the best of outcomes on your sub project.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad, looking to put something custom behind third row that's going to hit REAL hard. I already have two amps installed under the second row seats. 1- 1K watt MONO Fosgate amp and 1-800 watt 4 channel Fosgate. Just haven't found the box box that hits yet. I may have to go to a local shop for a custom box. Just looking for ideas now. I want to be able to disconnect the box when I need to take the seats out.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not bad, looking to put something custom behind third row that's going to hit REAL hard. I already have two amps installed under the second row seats. 1- 1K watt MONO Fosgate amp and 1-800 watt 4 channel Fosgate. Just haven't found the box box that hits yet. I may have to go to a local shop for a custom box. Just looking for ideas now. I want to be able to disconnect the box when I need to take the seats out.
When I installed my box, I wired to the amp with a trailer wiring plug. The style that you can unplug, for the times I needed to take it out.d2a615d4-994a-4e29-beaf-6dce63980aa9_1.6948f46553916b4fe71795d68600c948.jpeg.jpg20190925_093600.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a 1KW monoblock amp, you may want to use a higher amperage connector for your speaker wires, to ensure that peak amperage output surges from the amplifier get to the sub with minimum resistance. I have used these high amperage connectors for many applications, and they are quite durable and compatible with thick electrical cables. I picked them up on Amazon.

High Amperage Connectors.jpg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can get a shallow box that will fit behind 3rd row. I have a Hertz sub that hits even though its a bit shallow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts