Curb rash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For any curb rash/rim repair experts out there..... Can this be fixed?

20210404_175847.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty much any curb rash can technically be fixed just depends on how good you want it to look and how much money you want to spend to fix it.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. There are places that fix it and you would never know.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make wheel touch up paint. It never matches exactly but it can make it so it doesn’t catch your eye so easily. I have used some for my matte black wheels, just masked everything off and shot it. I’m pretty picky but I don’t notice it anymore.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Here’s a great video how to sand it out using a Dremel (or the like) and sandpaper.

And then hopefully you can find paint to match. Perhaps you could contact the wheel manufacturer and they’ll give you the paint code. You could then send that code to automotivetouchup.com and they’ll perfectly match it and put it into a nifty paint marker. You can also get a primer and clear paint marker from them as well.

Or just repaint the whole darn wheel, but that seems unnecessary. Then you’d probably want to repaint the rest of the wheels since one would stand out due to the sun possibly fading the wheels from the original color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9