Cranking Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know here is another thread about torsion bar cranking but got a 2000 Z71 OBS with autotrac. How high would I be able to lift my truck without worrying about replacing driveshaft. I was planning on RCX 4" lift kit but than started reading about all the extras needed with AutoTrac. So now just planning to do Crank and Blocks for now. :banghead:

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
id just do 2 inch crank n 2 nch blocks in the back thats what im gonna do for my 2dr but it doesnt have autotrac. as long as its not more then 2 inches then it should be good for any model obs

tt660

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a zone 6" on my 99 2dr with autotrac and didn't have to replace the driveshaft

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Hes not wanting to spend on a full suslension lift because of pirce. I just got done with my body lift if your wanting to try it out

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
How hard was the body lift to do? Any changes to the steering shaft or brake line length?

Pretty easy besides the bolt snapping. Luckily i only busted 1 because of it being rotted but shifting linkahe needs to be extened and a couole things need to be unpluhhed lioe the ebrake cable and tjen plug back and its good

Fishin757

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 3" keys off ebay and 3" blocks with autotrack. angles are a bit steep but fine for what i do until i can do a SAS

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my Tahoe goes in to get lifted next Monday, adding a left in the rear (Previous owner used to tow a camper and rear end is sagging) and torsion bar crank up front. So its a 2" lift for now to see if I like it, if not in spring I'll spend the cash and do proper lift kit or a body lift.

OP
OP
Green monster

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here comes another question, with a 2" lift will the stock 265/75/16 look really bad?
I don't really want to upgrade the wheels and tires until spring. I'm thinking about 17 or 18" Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels with a 285 or 295 Goodyear Duratrac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warock56

Latest posts