Cracked Dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StockHoe

Reaction score
If you have a cracked dash, please go to safercar.gov and file a complaint. This is getting out of hand and Chevy needs to take care of it. It is time for me to replace my 07 Tahoe but chevy will not be earning my business as I looked at a Lexus today. Sorry Chevy, but your customer service is horrible.

upload_2016-1-18_19-16-39.png

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you talked to your dealer? Mine replaced my dash, out of warranty, for $100 about a month ago.

OP
OP
S

StockHoe

Reaction score
I contacted Chevrolet and my local dealer. My dealer told me that they base what they'll reimburse based on my year and mileage. Needless to say, I'm out of warranty and chevy is out a customer. The dealer told me that this is an ongoing problem and he can't do much.

How did you only pay $100?

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me its an ongoing issue...GM is aware of it...and if its the first time its been replaced in the vehicle its a $100 "Deductible". Several others have gotten the same result from their dealer so I'd go back and press your dealer again...

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is cracked as well but I didn't know they would replace it out of warranty. My 08 is well out of warranty

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had 134K on it...well out of warranty as well. A good dealer can make it happen.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me its an ongoing issue...GM is aware of it...and if its the first time its been replaced in the vehicle its a $100 "Deductible". Several others have gotten the same result from their dealer so I'd go back and press your dealer again...
Sounds like I might need to ride up to ATL and see about getting my wifes fixed...what year is yours?

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash is also cracked in 2 places. I found a replacement dash out of a 2012 chevy avalanche for a good price my question is will it fit into a 2007 tahoe.

Brandon Hopper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im contacting my dealership tomorrow in reference to this same issue on my 07 Tahoe. Will let you know the results when I find out what they tell me. I will also be contacting GM prior to going to the dealership.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GKasey