Cost of used Tahoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FB marketplace. Much greater range of users and more transparency. Craigslist is full of scammers now. Hardly ever look at it anymore...

Reaction score
Are all used SUVs inflated right now or just the big GMs?

I hardly use the 3rd row and looking to downsize. I was thinking of going to a sportier 5 seater (Range Rover, GLE Coupe, X5, Porsche). Are those going to be inflated as well?

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I hardly use the 3rd row and looking to downsize. I was thinking of going to a sportier 5 seater (Range Rover, GLE Coupe, X5, Porsche). Are those going to be inflated as well?
Anything used is inflated right now. The ones listed above are mechanically junk anyways, So their inflation is less, want to watch a bowling ball hit the pavement? Buy one of these vehicles listed above and their loss of value will beat the bowling ball dropped from the roof of your house.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also think once the price of regular gas hits 4/gallon it’s going to put a halt on large SUV’s. The next crisis will be not enough sedans and compact cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mentioned the high prices a month ago. They are even higher now. Low mileage Tahoe's from 2012-14 going for the mid to upper $30K's!
Plus I still don't see any pre-2015's at my local GM dealers.
you can buy my hybrid for 13k only has 105k on it ill even throw in the AFM disable chip

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the chip problem can affect the used prices that much. However, I can see that the move away from mass transit has created a seller's market for used vehicles. Even that can't be the only factor because many who used mass transit before are just working from home. If they were using mass transit before and looking for a car, I'd think most of them would be looking into purchasing a compact car instead of a Tahoe or Suburban.
it must be imagery because prices here in california are they same as they were in 2018

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I saw a report on CNBC that Carmax published. "used SUV's" were up over 20% YoY. They didn't go into detail on types (like crossover vs full sized, etc.). Another on CNBC had "used SUV's" up 12% last month.

I think specific makes and models almost certainly will reflect different trends. In some, dealers can't give them away, so it is hard to imagine those prices running away from you. There is always a deal on a car nobody else wants.

If you go into a dealer looking for a used Range Rover, you probably will have to pass a sobriety test before they will give you the keys for a test drive...

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Private sale via bank is my preferred way to buy.
No dealer, and the book value is reduces for a private seller vs a dealer.
It's like free money!

I have done 3 cars this way now.

only down side, less choices.
But not having to deal with a salesman, or the fkn finance guy that tries to force me to finance through them is totally worth it.

Oh, and yes you can totally buy from a dealer and buy through your own bank leaving them out of the finance deal.
Just don't tell them that until the end.
Don't say a word about cash or anything or they will try and add more fees to make up the difference.

I hate dealers/salesmen. :evil27::buttkick::upyours:
So many games.
I think i might have expressed this a few times now... :jester:

:patriot:
This is why I bought 4 new Saturns during their tenure. Less of the BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xay2Smoove