Cooling System Overhaul

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
My 05 Regency is reaching 119,*** miles. I noticed i'd have to top off the reservoir more often than usual so after a careful look i found a leak on top tank driver side radiator.

So i been thinking, to fix and clean it I'm lookin at around $90 at a local shop, new $105 lifetime

At Autozone around $200 but im gonna get them to price match so i can rack up points for the extra $20, hey that's a gallon of Antifreeze right there.

But while im at it was thinking of dropping in a new water Pump AC Delco $125 Lifetime and a good thermostat, what temp. Specific you all recommend?

I also noticed the timing cover gasket might need replacing too. Might as well also a new serpentine belt
Thinking of doing all that and i wont have to worry about it for a long time

well just the other day, on my 96 Tahoe the squeaking from under the hood was driving me crazy, ended up dropping in new Alternator, idler & stabalizer pulley, ac bypass pulley and a new serpentine belt and wow!! nice response. After that AB shift solenoid change this thing woke up!! Next up is removing the fan clutch and wiring up electric fans

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock temperature setting. Too cool and you're fuel trims will get messed up, the computer will pump more fuel trying to get the motor heated up. Only ever seen one other Regency on this forum, a 2007. Can you post up some pictures of yours?

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, I would not change the looks on it for nothing, she is a beauty. There will come a time when your ready to sell it, and trust me, they will want it just like she sets. Right on with your repairs, go Delco all the way.
David g..............:2cents:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900