Cooling fans constantly on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the info Wes, this will be my project for this coming weekend. I'm just hoping to be able to get parts in time.
I did notice moisture from the front passenger steam line above the head, looks like the head is pretty dirty because of it. I will most certainly dive deeper when I have it up on stands and the weekend to work on it.
Thanks again:cheers:
if that line is leaking you can replace the o-ring seal on it, if it was the cause you would see orange stuff, if it is just engine grease I wouldn't worry about it. spray it with some purple power and hose it off and that will clean it up

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if that line is leaking you can replace the o-ring seal on it, if it was the cause you would see orange stuff, if it is just engine grease I wouldn't worry about it. spray it with some purple power and hose it off and that will clean it up

Sounds easy enough to replace the o-ring. Though from the glance I took, looks like engine oil. What would be orange? The coolant?
I've never hosed an engine down before, always afraid of messing something up. I'll give it a go when I finish the radiator install.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough to replace the o-ring. Though from the glance I took, looks like engine oil. What would be orange? The coolant?
I've never hosed an engine down before, always afraid of messing something up. I'll give it a go when I finish the radiator install.
yes dex cool is orange'ish color

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got the new radiator, :happy107:.
Took everything out and was setting the new one and saw the top channel is cut through into the cooling fins, :favorites68:.
Now I'll be waiting until Monday for a new one to be shipped:(.

How's everyone else's day going?

Now I'm going to replace my windshield washer tank and some odds and ends while I wait. Did I mention it's almost 100 here today.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is

Attachments

• radiator-1.jpg
    radiator-1.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was seriously debating about just installing it and taking my chances but, I'm just going to wait for the new to arrive.
I really don't want to do this twice.

Attachments

• radiator-4.jpg
    radiator-4.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 4
  • radiator-3.jpg
    radiator-3.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was seriously debating about just installing it and taking my chances but, I'm just going to wait for the new to arrive.
I really don't want to do this twice.
i went out and double checked mine is cut like that as well, it's a thermal expansion cut, normal.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?
Well, if that's the case. Then all is well :)
Holy s**t I thought I was having a really bad day.
Thank You, I can go wrap things up now.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went out and double checked mine is cut like that as well, it's a thermal expansion cut, normal.

This sucks.
I had sent them an e-mail before posting in regard to the cut.
They want it back. They said a new one is on the way but reiterated they want it back.
I had called because I wanted to speak to a tech but they do not have any techs on hand and again, stated "they want it back, it is not supposed to look like that"
Now I have to pull it out again. Seriously wtf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts