Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 2001 6.0 Yukon Denali has developed a coolant leaked nothing major the resorvoir is still full I only knew there was a coolant leaked when Friday I power washed the motor I opened the hood this morning and noticed dried up atifreeze on my egr balance kind of like someone had anti freeze in a spray bottle and sprayed on side of motor on the passenger side I replaced the water pump because the gasket was gone so bought a whole new replacement with fan clutch any ideas out there

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a look at your heater hoses. Its not uncommon for the couplings to leak at the heater core inlet/outlet. The factory line has the coupling built into the hose and the plastic gets brittle and subtly leaks until it turns into a garden hose. If thats the case Dorman makes a replacement coupling with a barb on the opposite end. You cut the old one off your hose. Stick the barb in the hose, put a clamp on it and reattach the coupling to where the one went. The heater hoses and heater core are the only things that have engine coolant on that side, but of course your fan could be blowing it around from another source up front.

OP
OP
Fleetgeo

Fleetgeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I was i thinking that it was coming from somewhere else and that the fan was blowing it up onto the passenger side engine bay i just did a water pump on it because I saw a leak and replaced it but looks like I still have the probelm I might just remove the pump and re install it again and add some RTV