coolant leak 01 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keith Hernandez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So when i bought this tahoe i noticed it had a coolant leak. i thought i had fixed it when i replaced the heater hose connection on the fire wall. but now that its getting cooler i have noticed a little puddle of coolant under tahoe. i crawled under there and the lines that go from the radiator to the tranz have coolant drips hanging off them and so do the wires coming off the AC compressor but i cant really see where this is coming from. im thinking water pump. what do you guys think?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think you need to pressure test the system and see where the leaks show at. If is leaking at the water pump you should see the drip/corrosion at the bottom of pump toward the front at the weep hole. It will be behind where the pulley is.

SmokChsr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well Mine in my 06 was actually at the Y connection that's between the Waterpump, reservoir, and the inner connection on the Firewall. Upon replacement of the hose, I found the leak was caused by cracks in the Y fitting. That plastic gets very brittle and will break easily once old and yous is. Oh and it did drip right on the AC compressor wiring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman