Considering selling my Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought this truck 3 months ago.. And although I like the truck, I dont love it. Although the power is better, my Envoy was more comfortable.

Its a good truck, dont get me wrong, but for as many things I like about it, there are the things I dont like.

I dont like the color
I dont like the ride
I dont like the power
The fun factor that I want just isnt there.

I had a offer 3 months ago for nearly double what I paid for it (17k). But I was in the honeymoon phase, and I said no.

Now I wonder if I should have taken it..

Talk me out of it?

Just for the ease of it, here are the details.
2006 Cadillac Escalade Select
84000 miles

I have already been shopping, but nothing is decided yet, and I have not found a replacement, or even test drove anything. These are just ones I am considering if I do decide to replace it.
Possible candidates are:
Inifity FX50
Chevy Trailblazer SS
Saab 9-7x Aero
Porsche Cayenne
Jeep Cherokee SRT8

Last edited:

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a trailblazer to a Tahoe for the opposite reasons I didn’t like the trailblazers power and just seemed cheap. A envoy Denali with a 5.3L seems like a comfy medium. See if the person still wants it for 17 grand seems like a unreal deal lol. But the Escalade with that low of mileage seems like the ride and power shoulda been nice?

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you going to ask for the Escalade?
Not sure as of yet. Looking at market prices, I was hoping for 15k. But nothing is decided yet.
prices are dropping take that offer and run as fast as you can
It was some random guy, so no idea where he is, or who he is!
I went from a trailblazer to a Tahoe for the opposite reasons I didn’t like the trailblazers power and just seemed cheap. A envoy Denali with a 5.3L seems like a comfy medium. See if the person still wants it for 17 grand seems like a unreal deal lol. But the Escalade with that low of mileage seems like the ride and power shoulda been nice?
I guess I got lucky.. I never had the I6, bought my Envoy with the 5.3. If I wanted to, I could always regear it, get the power I am after, and keep on driving it. But I know its going to need an engine sooner or later, at 202k.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And for anyone that hasnt seen the picture thread for it..

Im still not sure this is the right way to go.

I guess I might be having a mid-life crisis LOL.

I just was hoping for more.. Nothing a Turbo/Supercharger couldnt fix.. But that requires a lot of $ to make it right.

My wife likes the truck, but she says it has to MUCH power for her LOL.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you don't sell it now, while you can get more for it than what you paid for it, you will regret it and stack that along with the other things you don't like about it. Those negatives that you listed will never turn the other way, in your mind. Maybe a newer model would stir the fires. Plus, the wife may get mad if you sell it.

I like the looks of it and have the same color on my Z71.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus, the wife may get mad if you sell it.
Nope.. She says it has to much power, and its to big. I already talked to her about letting her have it, upgrade from her Pontiac Aztek. Her response was, "ONLY IF I HAVE TO" in a very stern tone. In other words, NO.

Of course the truck she wants costs 72k, and is so new, their arent any used ones on the market!

Edit: The car she wants is a Genesis GV80 3.5T Prestige

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan