Considering selling my Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went across a moving scale with my Esky, and it averaged 6800 lbs. I have not weighed it directly yet.

So I posted it on Facebook, and within 2 minutes got a message of interest... But it sounds scammey to me.. He said "I am very interested in your post". Just doesnt sound right. But i will play ball.. He asked if he could pick it up today, and I said sure, all transactions will be in cash, and done at the local police department.... Silence.
Yep that’s a craigslist scammer / robot troll alright

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 900s are much lighter. My Yukon XL is 5900 pounds. The Tahoes and Escalades are about 5600, even less than the Envoy!

Now I know why my friends Envoy was such a gas hog, it was heavier than my truck!

Check out a 900.

Oh, my wife loves the sound of the V8, always get it back empty and the average mpgs down to M1 Abrams levels! She wants a 14-second Denali of course!
My trailblazer with the I6 got the same if not worse mpg then my tahoe does lol

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
prices are dropping take that offer and run as fast as you can
Holy smokes!! I'd be in an 2014+ tahoe for that kind of change.

To the OP: Your selection of vehicles to move up to is nice BUT neither of those rides is in the same category as the big body escalade. What were you driving before you got the Cadi?? Those other vehicles are definitely a lot more agile and sporty. Between my 2017 Q5 2.0T I prefer to drive the tahoe cause seating is like couches. Sure it's a lot less agile than the Q5 but I like the room to write up things on my iPad for work.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Since I will likely be in the ground by the time the government makes our decision for us and tells us we can only buy new vehicles that are electric but also start to force the gas engine/diesel engine rigs off the road, I may consider buying a second NBS rig to make sure I have one if I can't get parts for a broken one.

I wish I could buy this rig, maybe for a bit less, but because of what I see coming, I would be happy to take this Esky off @TollKeeper hands to keep from having too much power under one roof.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will admit, the market I am in is what demands the price I am asking. There are Yukon Denalis out here, with 200k+ on the clock that are selling for 13k, and more. But there are also units selling for cheaper, but they all visibly need work. Once I get these air shocks installed, mine will need nothing.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I will likely be in the ground by the time the government makes our decision for us and tells us we can only buy new vehicles that are electric but also start to force the gas engine/diesel engine rigs off the road, I may consider buying a second NBS rig to make sure I have one if I can't get parts for a broken one.

I wish I could buy this rig, maybe for a bit less, but because of what I see coming, I would be happy to take this Esky off @TollKeeper hands to keep from having too much power under one roof.
I love my Tahoe but I don’t like the way GM is going these days...& with how vehicles are changing towards going green as you said that is why at the end of this year I plan to purchase a 2022 Toyota 4 runner sr5 premium. Change for them is coming in 2023 and they have not changed since 2009...4.0L v6 5 speed trans 3.73 gears & body on frame...nothing crazy to go wrong and still looks like a SUV not smooshed!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I keep hearing from different sources, that the used car/vehicle price is starting to creep down but I cannot say that I have seen it. I wish I had the extra throw away cash but again, I cannot see myself paying what it is worth to you. You should stand by your guns and sell it for as max as you can. I am finishing up my work on my 05 and still planning on my move to Mo. next year. Time to start socking away money for any unknowns after I get there.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
I went across a moving scale with my Esky, and it averaged 6800 lbs. I have not weighed it directly yet.

So I posted it on Facebook, and within 2 minutes got a message of interest... But it sounds scammey to me.. He said "I am very interested in your post". Just doesnt sound right. But i will play ball.. He asked if he could pick it up today, and I said sure, all transactions will be in cash, and done at the local police department.... Silence.
I have no idea how your esky can weigh more than 1300lbs more than stock curb weight.Thats the heaviest i have ever seen.Do you have an extra 500 gallon gas tank in their lol.

OP
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how your esky can weigh more than 1300lbs more than stock curb weight.Thats the heaviest i have ever seen.Do you have an extra 500 gallon gas tank in their lol.
Not that I know of... Would be nice!

3rd row is even taken out!

I know I am a fat farker, but not that fat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros