Considering a 2021 or 2022

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 LTZ. I kept it, as I didn't like the 2015-2020 body style or vibration problems.

Are there any inherent problems in the 2021 ? I would get the 6.2L motor with the towing package. and fully loaded with all the other options. I guess whatever model is = to a LTZ.

Any 1st year problems? or wait for a 2022 ???

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm keeping my 2012 for another 1 to 2 years. I would hate to trade in a perfectly good auto to end up with a bucket of problems. I was trailing a 2021 Premium today, had the quad exhaust, and they look very low in the rear and bulky. Not sure I even like the styling.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I have a 2013 LTZ. I kept it, as I didn't like the 2015-2020 body style or vibration problems.

Are there any inherent problems in the 2021 ? I would get the 6.2L motor with the towing package. and fully loaded with all the other options. I guess whatever model is = to a LTZ.

I’d personally wait for the 2022. It seems like there are quite a few problems with the ‘21’s that GMC needs to work through.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a 2021 Yukon Denali that was mfg in and delivered in February. No issues at all -- other than a little creak in the passenger side dash, and the dealer fixed that pretty easily (also note that Houston roads are brutal on cars). I have a little over 2600 miles on it, so it hasn't been driven as much as a lot of folks' rigs on here. One thing to note -- I do not like the Bridgestone tires at all, so I am going to get those changed out to the Pirelli's after around 10,000 miles. I just can't get myself to replace tires this quickly. I wish there were places that would give credit for lightly used tires.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
What problems? I was looking to buy a 2021 Yukon xl

Ive been seeing various people here post up problems they have been experiencing, but for the life of me I can’t remember exactly what they were. I’ll have to try and find the posts to reference back here. It seemed like a general consensus, but perhaps it was just a very small minority experiencing the problems. Like @JasonHTX says...he’s had no issues yet. But he only has 2600 miles on.

JasonHTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been seeing various people here post up problems they have been experiencing, but for the life of me I can’t remember exactly what they were. I’ll have to try and find the posts to reference back here. It seemed like a general consensus, but perhaps it was just a very small minority experiencing the problems. Like @JasonHTX says...he’s had no issues yet. But he only has 2600 miles on.

Here's a good thread ...

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/concerns-with-new-generation-yukon.125666/

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to jinx myself but I just picked up a 21 Tahoe premier. It was made in February of this year. I would imagine that most or the earlier issues and tsb’s were addressed. Granted I only have 300 miles on her but so far so good. Tranny and engine work seem less
I think the HC would have been a better engine. I like many other would like the turn signals etc to have been full led. The seat belt minder is very annoying and the turn signal indicator needs to be louder

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

SAdude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems, these are solid trucks with class leading features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14