Connected Navigation and maps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you supposed to see when you have connected navigation? Should you see traffic line colors, and incidents, and backed up traffic even if you don’t have a route planned? Mine is supposedly connected but I see nothing on my native navigation map other than streets? No “live” information…..

Also I have noticed that my maps doesn’t seem to be altogether updated as I have ran into surface streets that have been closed for years that the current map navigation shows to be going on and continuing? Wouldn’t this have been updated upon pre-delivery vehicle inspection? How can I update myself easily?

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I solved part of this after 3 different people at OnStar. Even though I subscribed to connected services, The initial onstar person left me on “essential “ services till my trial ran out a month down the road. I had to go 2 levels up at OnStar to get them to understand when I switched that day, I expected it to take effect immediately…..Of course they understood the part about getting my credit card immediately!
After 45 min on the phone, connected navigation is working correctly.
Still haven’t solved the updated maps issue yet….

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the CarPlay or Android Auto gps connection. I’ve ran into ing the past those paid navigation services are garbage and hardly get updated. At least on the mobile device they’re updated frequently.

I don’t think I’d take that service even if they paid me.

OP
OP
Stbentoak

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the CarPlay or Android Auto gps connection. I’ve ran into ing the past those paid navigation services are garbage and hardly get updated. At least on the mobile device they’re updated frequently.

I don’t think I’d take that service even if they paid me.
I agree, but I don’t like AA or ACP monopolizing my system every time I enter and I like to see traffic quickly then go back to my music onscreen. Fortunately you don’t pay for “connected traffic” you pay for data and this just comes with it. After I got it figured out it actually works pretty decent…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts