Coming from 5 ford truck over to Chevy is the a better yr on the 6.2 is new generation better or wor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came over from ford truck many for work mostly still have a few . All them had problem with each yr the 2006 leak rear main seal also many other problem dieseal. The gas 2006 engine the spark plug break off when removal and stay on block head. The 2017 model had problem with turbos. Ford has become a nightmare . The police explore 2016 had carbon monoxide in cabin officers would fall a sleep driving . Some department took them out of service. Now coming to Chevy how are the 6.2 engine better or worst over the year . I know with Ford the new the engine was the worst it was I drove many ford and had a few with lemon law they bought back from Ford. Now I’m a Chevy guy after reading from carbon monied leak in explorer cabin I wouldn’t trust my family life in a new ford. The Tahoe just loommean and tough do they hold up as the old model do back inthe day

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jorge, You have four different threads going at once about the reliability of your Tahoe. I am beginning to think that the Chevy Tahoe or any GM product is not for you.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy's are like a rock Jorge and you remember what FORD stands for right? Fixed Or Repaired Daily! I remember when the 6.0 Powerstroke came out and my customers filled their stables with those things and then were furious when they were broke down and in the shop for months. It was so bad some of them went out and bought Dodges! And y'all know what they say when a farmer buys a Dodge! Them fellas were mighty upset at Ford for a long time.

My F-150 with a 302 was good to me but those suspension bushings were a regular maintenance item.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe has a rear main seal leak, cracked head, replaced front steering components including steering gear, broken exhaust manifold bolts....

Chevy's aren't perfect either. However, I'd say that they're easier to work on.

The only major work my 4.6 Grand Marquis ever needed was valve stem seals, but I did have the transmission rebuilt once. That was the most reliable car I've ever owned. We'll see what happens with my 2008 Explorer. I got it used, but a dealer had previously done a lot of work to it as well. Biggest complaint so far about the Explorer is related to coolant leaks.

I got the Explorer for my wife because it's smaller, but is a V8 and full frame. After having to work on a unibody Lesabre, I'll not have another unibody vehicle. I got the Tahoe for me because it's V8, full frame, and the back can hold 4' wide materials. The main reason I didn't get the Suburban is that it wouldn't fit in my garage.

Best advice for you Jorge, is get the vehicle that meets your needs best. All vehicles will need repair at some point. You just have to choose what you need in a vehicle, and what you want to fix.

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chevy's are like a rock Jorge and you remember what FORD stands for right? Fixed Or Repaired Daily! I remember when the 6.0 Powerstroke came out and my customers filled their stables with those things and then were furious when they were broke down and in the shop for months. It was so bad some of them went out and bought Dodges! And y'all know what they say when a farmer buys a Dodge! Them fellas were mighty upset at Ford for a long time.

My F-150 with a 302 was good to me but those suspension bushings were a regular maintenance item.
Heap your right I have a 6.0 and darn I hate sometime that why I tried Chevy it so hard to work on Ford you have to pull off the cabin to work on the engine

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best advice for you Jorge, is get the vehicle that meets your needs best. All vehicles will need repair at some point. You just have to choose what you need in a vehicle, and what you want to fix.

This exactly.

It took me ages to figure out my simple standards for vehicles:

No leaks. No odors.

Not hard to describe, but it discredits many used vehicles out there.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ford stands for Found on road dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shawn7253