Cold Air intake ?? Volant or K&N . ???????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elpescador100

Reaction score
Trying to decide on eithe of the two.. Im familiar with K&N and used themm in the past.. Volant seems to be on the up and up.

K&N 57-3013-2 Performance Intake Kit
41fNanqUrNL._SX385_.jpg

or

Volant 15957 Cool Air Intake Kit
71Eu9NwxpfL._SL1500_.jpg

SwampHound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I myself have the K&N system and like it on my 5.7, but it has some quirks. Can't say I have ever used Volant.

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Stick with the k&n. You can actually see a dyno sheet on it when it was tested with a 5.0 engine. To this day I have yet to see the volant claim anything other then having a nice box to encase the filter in. I never see any actual performance claims to back it up. However if you just want a better looking intake then by all means go with the volant. Certainly better looking then the bulky stock unit.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

I myself have the K&N system and like it on my 5.7, but it has some quirks. Can't say I have ever used Volant. You may wanna give this a look: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41254

I would disregard that article as it does not represent the k&n series used in the obs. only one of two used in newer model vehicles and even then not the better of the two k&n setups The intake tube design and material makes a difference. Besides different engine designs.

99_Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used both as well and I prefer the volant which I have installed now. I really like the filter and not having to clean it. Sounds a little quieter than the k&n and I haven't noticed any different performance differences. Looks much cleaner under the hood in my opinion.

OP
OP
Elpescador100

Elpescador100

Reaction score
I have used both as well and I prefer the volant which I have installed now. I really like the filter and not having to clean it. Sounds a little quieter than the k&n and I haven't noticed any different performance differences. Looks much cleaner under the hood in my opinion.

Hu? Not having to clean it? You mean to tell me the filter never gets dirty?

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
I love my kn set up the engine has a nice roar to it and ive definately felt a difference since putting it on cleaning and maintainance is key with all intakes

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice talk, ok my experience with aFe and K&N (K dert in)

The experience was done on another truck but I have to say the K&N faild to keep ok to keep it short I found that MAFs become more dirty than the once used aFe filters

But..

I would use the K&N for the SOUND :D

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700