Cold air intake ... now high idle .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 99 Yukon a while back and the stock intake was barely hanging on . So I found a cheap spectre cold air kit and put it on . You have to rewire mass air flow sensor and now I have a high idle . I'm not pulling codes . But some days it's ok . Some days it's really high . It's not my daily driver or anything but I am curious if maybe adding the intake would cuz the idle issue . It runs great and doesn't stumble or anything . Just sometimes when driving it's constantly at 1500 to 2 k rpm's and that can make driving a pain. any input would be helpful. . Thanks

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of rewiring was needed? Have you tried the old intake as an A,B,A comparison?

OP
OP
Walkercraig01

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just have to add extension to it . And no I have not . The original intake was taped together . Instead of clamped . I had to get a new battery today and I drove it and it's better then it was . I just thought it was odd because it never pulled codes . I checked the throttle cable and made sure it was fine , no obstructions with the pedal etc. I haven't checked for a vacuum leak yet because we just got hit with the storms and today was the first day above freezing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts