Code : P2A04 Oxygen sensor question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The P2A04 code keeps returning w/ CEL. Bank 2, Sensor 2..... There is a Bosh version, but I prefer the AC Delco? A bit more expensive, but I wonder if it's better to get the OEM part.
Also, I can assume if one is failing, I should go ahead an replace both bank 2 sides?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Was there any other symptoms? No other performance problems? I had a downstream fail one time and I did all 4 sensors with Genuine GM. No problems since then.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was there any other symptoms? No other performance problems? I had a downstream fail one time and I did all 4 sensors with Genuine GM. No problems since then.
No symptoms.... I cleared the code once... It returned within a day. I'm changing both 2 sensors. GM brand. Maybe all 4, considering the 172,000 on the clock.

lyncht1967

Reaction score
good plan..soak them all down with pb blaster while they are a bit warm after a drive and use a 7/8 or 22mm to turn each just a bit tighter..yes tighter...this will develop some hairline micro cracks in the threads allowing capillary action to pull in the pb. the next day things will go a lot easier

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cool, you will be right as rain in no time...do a close visual inspection of all wire harnesses and wire routes for any chafing,corrosion, etc. while youre down there..
The bottom of my '05 is remarkably clean. I'm installing front Bilstien shocks, a Hellwig swaybar on the rear, and now, the 4 sensors, all at once. I always inspect the 'stuff' whenever the truck is on a lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20