Code P0758 issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001Tahoe700

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello I’m having issues with my 2001 tahoe LT 5.3l . Code P0758… I hade my transmission rebuild over a year ago… about a week ago leaving work I noticed that my transmission was stuck in 3rd gear… I get home and checked the transmission oil and it was low I added more oil and drove it around the block and worked very well.. yesterday my Tahoe did the same thing leaving work I checked the oil and the oil reading was good.. one reached 210* in temp it started functioning properly once again.. another thing noticed is I turn my truck on and fuel gauge reads empty , turn off and on it goes back to good readings.. while driving if I shift to first gear the whole cluster shuts off while driving… Please help!!! Thanks in advance

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello I’m having issues with my 2001 tahoe LT 5.3l . Code P0758… I hade my transmission rebuild over a year ago… about a week ago leaving work I noticed that my transmission was stuck in 3rd gear… I get home and checked the transmission oil and it was low I added more oil and drove it around the block and worked very well.. yesterday my Tahoe did the same thing leaving work I checked the oil and the oil reading was good.. one reached 210* in temp it started functioning properly once again.. another thing noticed is I turn my truck on and fuel gauge reads empty , turn off and on it goes back to good readings.. while driving if I shift to first gear the whole cluster shuts off while driving… Please help!!! Thanks in advance
Your truck has electrical problems, including short to grounds preventing the CANBUS system from functioning properly...The trans defaults to 3rd gear if it's in gears 1-3 when the short or communication problem occurs....Scan the PCM for codes, check all wiring harnesses, grounds and connections everywhere leading to the above mentioned components then fix as needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar