Closing power windows remotely.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I understand all 4 windows can be opened simultaneously via the fob. However, it seems there is no remote method to close windows, simultaneously or individually. Also, no method to close all windows together from inside other than holding all 4 switches. Am I missing anything?

OP
OP
SwampDog

SwampDog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I understand all 4 windows can be opened simultaneously via the fob. However, it seems there is no remote method to close windows, simultaneously or individually. Also, no method to close all windows together from inside other than holding all 4 switches. Am I missing anything?
So I discovered this soon after purchase when I inadvertnely opened all 4 windows didn't notice as I walked into a building, thus left my vehicle wide open in the rain for several hours. Nothing was in it yet, so nothing lost, just a bit of damp. Now I know.

navyseal334

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to limit how far the windows go down when using the fob?

My 08 Accord has the ability to roll the windows down for as long as you hold the unlock button (pressed twice); I love this feature as it allows me to crack the windows while walking away from/to the car. I hate that the Suburban can only go down all the way - fine when coming back to the car and wanting to let the heat escape in the summer but useless when walking away in the car.

Anyone know of a way to program this?

Reaction score
I didnt know this, how do you open it with the fob?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My 08 Accord has the ability to roll the windows down for as long as you hold the unlock button (pressed twice); I love this feature as it allows me to crack the windows while walking away from/to the car. I hate that the Suburban can only go down all the way - fine when coming back to the car and wanting to let the heat escape in the summer but useless when walking away in the car.

3RD Party is going to be the only way to rig up a partial roll down checkout https://www.the12volt.com/Default.asp

StinkyLinky8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I hold the unlock button down until it starts rolling all the windows down then I click the button again to stop them where I want them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo