Climate system blows hot on drivers side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dukenukemx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Every so often when I unplug the battery to my 07 Tahoe I just get super hot air coming out of the drivers side. I remember fixing this by unplugging a fuse for the HVAC and even unplugging the actuator for the drivers side to get it working, but it was by random chance it worked. Anyone got a sure fire way to get it fixed so I can get back my cold AC?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every so often when I unplug the battery to my 07 Tahoe I just get super hot air coming out of the drivers side. I remember fixing this by unplugging a fuse for the HVAC and even unplugging the actuator for the drivers side to get it working, but it was by random chance it worked. Anyone got a sure fire way to get it fixed so I can get back my cold AC?

Why not just change the actuator??? The driver's side temperature control actuator is in the passenger side footwell behind that black cover and it's close to the transmission hump.

OP
OP
Dukenukemx

Dukenukemx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why not just change the actuator??? The driver's side temperature control actuator is in the passenger side footwell behind that black cover and it's close to the transmission hump.
I think I discovered the issue. Instead of removing the fuse and doing this song and dance, I just unplugged the driver side actuator and plugged it back in. Now I get cold AC again. I'm thinking that connector might be dirty or corroded and either needs a new actuator or the plug to the actuator needs to be changed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable