Clearing 375s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rare Parts sells heavy duty steering components but idk about ball joints, maybe Cognito.
https://rareparts.com/gm-steering
I looked into the freedom drop UCAs, but that still doesn't cover the lower ball joint. I just did them and I'd like to avoid having to constantly doing them. I don't plan on doing any major wheeling but I'd like to keep my angles decent for going offroad. Maybe body lift?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into the freedom drop UCAs, but that still doesn't cover the lower ball joint. I just did them and I'd like to avoid having to constantly doing them. I don't plan on doing any major wheeling but I'd like to keep my angles decent for going offroad. Maybe body lift?
There ya go.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower ball joints are pretty tough I looked all over for a uniball lower or something stronger than stock and even reached out to a couple long travel companies. They pretty much told me that a quality factory ball joint is strong enough unless your desert racing. Plus the factory lowers are cheap and can be replaced easily.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JD fabrication uniball UCA. Have them on my silverado for 30k miles and no issues other than a minor squeak if you don't oil them during oil changes. Those plus Kryptonite tierods and you should have no issues.

https://jdfabrication.com/products/99-to-06-chevy-1500-4x4-mid-travel-suspension-kit

Lower ball joints are pretty tough I looked all over for a uniball lower or something stronger than stock and even reached out to a couple long travel companies. They pretty much told me that a quality factory ball joint is strong enough unless your desert racing. Plus the factory lowers are cheap and can be replaced easily.

Dan....you’re the man!:cool:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you turned lock to lock and seen where the tub is? Can you add a picture of that on both sides?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
I had 22x14 on my 99 with a 6” skyjacker and stock keys on 37s took a 3 point road turn to get out the driveway this was with no front bumper lol anyways I had a set of 3” keys I put in and turned 3/4 up and it helped tremendously I have a set of keys if you need em I’ll sell them to you.
Keys alone won’t fix it completely though I would def stack a 1.5-3” body lift and you should be pretty set. Look into kryptonite suspension I have it on my nnbs Chevy they warranty there parts so when and if the ball joints or tie rods wheel bearings wear out they will replace them for free there pricey but well worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I greatly dislike body lifts because I feel frame is ugly and body lifts make it even more noticeable. Although it would likely fix your problem I'd do everything I could to avoid it.

The kryptonite stuff is seriously bad ass I put it on everything I intend to keep and even adapted a set of their inner and outer tierods to a ranger I had that was pretty low and had bad steering angles with pretty sticky tires.

Do the tires just catch the bumper? Or does it eat the door side of the fender as well?

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I greatly dislike body lifts because I feel frame is ugly and body lifts make it even more noticeable. Although it would likely fix your problem I'd do everything I could to avoid it.

The kryptonite stuff is seriously bad ass I put it on everything I intend to keep and even adapted a set of their inner and outer tierods to a ranger I had that was pretty low and had bad steering angles with pretty sticky tires.

Do the tires just catch the bumper? Or does it eat the door side of the fender as well?

It catches the fender, which is what I’m most concerned with. I refuse to make a visible cut on the fender, I hate the way it looks. I’ll see if I can get some pictures today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC