Clarification on suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m trying to level out my Tahoe it’s a 2015 PPV w 4x4 so I know that the rear springs are shorter and that’s what gives it the lower stance am I correct or is there other factors to consider? Front springs? Just trying to very.

mom currently looking at MOOG HD springs, Bilsteins5100, and tires 285/70/17 that should level out correct?

2010ppv03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in somewhat the same question. I want to move my 2010 back to stock height. I am looking at factory replacement front and rear springs, shocks, and struts. Wondering if I need to order anything else to get it back in the air.

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in somewhat the same question. I want to move my 2010 back to stock height. I am looking at factory replacement front and rear springs, shocks, and struts. Wondering if I need to order anything else to get it back in the air.
So I changed the mods I said I was going to and the back is definitely taller… me thinks that quick struts and regular springs will fix that to stock

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
Morales

Did you put 5100s on your truck? I was told by people that the 5100s don't fit the 15-20 PPVs because of the lowered suspension/springs. If you could let me know that would be great, looking to soften up my ride, the stock PPV suspension without all the cop equipment is just too harsh and bouncy for my wife and our new baby in a few weeks. Looking to keep it as low as possible ( I dont mind if it rides a little higher with 5100s) but hoping better shocks help smoothen the ride out?

EDIT**** Just realized you also changed rear springs to MOOG HD? Do you have a part number and were they noticeably taller than the PPV springs? Whats the ride like?

OP
OP
M

Morales1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morales

Did you put 5100s on your truck? I was told by people that the 5100s don't fit the 15-20 PPVs because of the lowered suspension/springs. If you could let me know that would be great, looking to soften up my ride, the stock PPV suspension without all the cop equipment is just too harsh and bouncy for my wife and our new baby in a few weeks. Looking to keep it as low as possible ( I dont mind if it rides a little higher with 5100s) but hoping better shocks help smoothen the ride out?

EDIT**** Just realized you also changed rear springs to MOOG HD? Do you have a part number and were they noticeably taller than the PPV springs? Whats the ride like?
The Ride is much better vastly improved and with the 5100s it’s night and day also they are much not Noticeably taller….

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
The Ride is much better vastly improved and with the 5100s it’s night and day also they are much not Noticeably taller….
Do you have the moog part #? Also any pics of the truck with and without the new suspension so I can see the ride height difference? If you don't have one from before, no big deal. Would definitely like to see how it sits now tho! Thanks for replying, sorry I dont get on much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC